18 hours in Vegas

I don’t believe in that kinda stereotyping. Sorry. And I make a killer meatball. I tend not to order things that I do a bang up job of at home. To each his/here own.

I unfortunately do not make a killer meatball and neither does my mom. And I don’t live in Las Vegas OR Reno. Therefore, I would eat Carbone meatballs, because I like meatballs in my mouth.

Here’s the recipe I was given here on FTC. I first made it, sans the red peppers flakes, cause the grands were going to be here. I love it! When I make a batch, I freeze some for a future meal since it’s just the two of us.

Yes, the cheese and meats in my report were “free”, unfortunately i didn’t get pictures of the bread basket, pickled cauliflower, limoncello and cookies. Too bad they’re only open for dinner, the caeser and meatballs would make the perfect lunch.

1 Like

I agree.

Well, I’m sorry to hear you didn’t like Momofuku, I’ve been there once and I had a lovely meal there and thought the pricepoint was just right, I’ve read split reviews on the Momofuku empire, but reviewers whom I trust, seem to rave about the NYC Momofuku.

As for Carbone, to each his own, a meatball for a meatball. John Curtas quotes Carbone to be $200pp, $300pp with wine and cocktails. I usually run the bill closer to Curtas than Yelper-extraordinaire, Michael Uzman, who with no drinks and burned lasagna, seems too ring in at $100pp. I’m not saying you couldn’t get out of there at $100pp, but I probably couldn’t.

As for Piero’s, I’m happy to report that I’ve never eaten there. :slight_smile:

We went to NYC Momofuku some years ago with an A-#1 NYC CH. And it was terrific. Keep saying we’ll go back and then always run out of time. That’s an example of food that I could and perhaps do cook at home but will never compete with his.

1 Like

I got you bruv. Lunch. I wish this location opened for lunch though.

4 Likes

I didn’t dislike it. I wasn’t particularly blown away by it either, but I’d come back to try some more cocktails and ramen. It’s benefitting from a superb location for sure.

1 Like