2 great things that taste good together

I’m a newbie at this, so I think I’d go for the less bitter version first. Thanks for the extra info!

I don’t drink beer tons (more a wine gal) but sometimes it’s just the perfect thing.

I agree - each can be enjoyed on its own merits. The problem I have with wine is I tend to drink it more like beer at first (the thug that I am). The first couple of glasses go pretty fast, especially with big beefy dishes.

Stouts of all sorts (and IPA’s even more so) litter the beer aisles at the moment. If you start to take an affinity to stouts, some solid choices are readily available. Bell’s, Deschuetes, North Coast and Sierra Nevada offer very good to great ones too. Like most things, it is just a matter of personal taste.

1 Like

Russian river Supplicatiin. Fucking no fucking joke.

1 Like

Finding RR anything is spotty down in these parts. One can find Pliney on tap in some of the most backwater places around Napa/Sonoma area. Here? Stand in line. I had Supplication on tap at RR, and I actually liked the bottled better.

and the bottled comes in that kick ass little fucking bottle with the blue labeling.

that bottle is a thing of utter fucking beauty.

1 Like

Try the salvation , tasty + really fucks you up

1 Like

Russian River on tap + Father’s Office burger… 5 years ago before FO’s quality slipped :disappointed:

But you can get the RR on tap at FO and Beechwood

Large McDonald’s fries and a small chocolate shake to dip them in.

2 Likes

Large McDonald’s fries straight outta the fryer and topped with shaved alba truffles.

1 Like

have you actually fucking tried that before in reality ???

really ???

Why, yes of course. Just last week.

While sitting in first class? :wink:

Sorry, couldn’t resist. :wink:

No, we were breaking in my friend’s new Bombardier. :smile:

And they indeed have Grey Poupon in the galley.

2 Likes

Two good things that taste great together: The polenta and the short rib apps at the bar at Scarpetta. I mix 'em together and walk away happy. I wash it all down with a gimlet, up.

Yes!!!

Mayo and pork. Seriously.

I believe you. Don’t ginger pork preps (found at many Japanese restaurants) have a vaguely mayo-y sauce?

A rare one: dark chocolate and evoo. Omg. Does need a little salt to open up

How do you eat that? Dip chocolate in EVOO? Or melt the chocolate into the EVOO? And imbibe?

Basically, this. http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/bread-with-chocolate-and-olive-oil-367970

Melt chocolate on bread, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle sea salt flakes.

I first saw this in the good Spanish cookbook http://www.amazon.com/The-Spanish-Table-Anya-Bremzen/dp/0761135553.

1 Like