2 great things that taste good together

I was going to come up with something clever to say but my brains are failing me today.

My all time favorite IPA. Until it became Green Flash-ified, anyway.

I’ll keep the beer theme going.

El Segundo Brewing’s Hop Tanker with Pollo a la Brasa:

Kern River Brewing’s Citra with lamb korma and garlic naan:

And non-beer. Tacos and horchata (Leo’s):

(Apologies if the pics are blurry. They are screen shots from my Instagram.)

5 Likes

My all time fav IPA too. This my first time having the green flash it was not nearly as fruity as ABC version. I usually get my growlers filled and make a day trip out of it.

1 Like

Bacon and avocado.

3 Likes

bread and olive oil

1 Like

Bafun uni and… MORE bafun uni !!!

3 Likes

Wait just a fucking second …

That’s the same fucking shit.

I will go for some a tray of Hokkaido uni paired with Santa Barbara uni.

1 Like

Spam and ramen.

PGL -

I need that beer!

Oysters and chardonnay. Gettin’ me some at Shuck tonight!

1 Like

Boatswain Chocolate Stout. I just had a sip, and it’s like chocolate adjacent… :wink:

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout or Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout might work.

PGL -

Thank you! :beer:

I just googled it and it looks like it was at Trader Joes - I will try there first!

Excellent info. Great to have other options if TJ’s doesn’t work out.

Thank you!

P.S. Do you drink it plain or would you have it with something salty, like pretzels, to get the sweet/malt/salt thing going on?

The Rogue Double is very chocolatey and has a higher ABV. It can be appreciated by itself. It is more hoppy than I recall in the past, so if bitter isn’t your thing, either tone it down with a nibble of sweet (chocolate, desserty things, etc.) or fo with the Samuel Smith. Anything chocolate-intense creates symbiosis with either. Flavors that complement chocolate (think coffee, vanilla, oatmeal cookie-like) also pairs well of course.

I’m a newbie at this, so I think I’d go for the less bitter version first. Thanks for the extra info!

I don’t drink beer tons (more a wine gal) but sometimes it’s just the perfect thing.

I agree - each can be enjoyed on its own merits. The problem I have with wine is I tend to drink it more like beer at first (the thug that I am). The first couple of glasses go pretty fast, especially with big beefy dishes.

Stouts of all sorts (and IPA’s even more so) litter the beer aisles at the moment. If you start to take an affinity to stouts, some solid choices are readily available. Bell’s, Deschuetes, North Coast and Sierra Nevada offer very good to great ones too. Like most things, it is just a matter of personal taste.

1 Like

Russian river Supplicatiin. Fucking no fucking joke.

1 Like

Finding RR anything is spotty down in these parts. One can find Pliney on tap in some of the most backwater places around Napa/Sonoma area. Here? Stand in line. I had Supplication on tap at RR, and I actually liked the bottled better.

and the bottled comes in that kick ass little fucking bottle with the blue labeling.

that bottle is a thing of utter fucking beauty.

1 Like