N/a see other sources

n/a

20 Likes

Very useful.

1 Like

Kings Head is a REALLY fun place to see a game and you aren’t joking when you say to get there early.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a Brazilian pizza that didn’t have hard-boiled egg on it! And hopefully both places have caipirinhas - lots and lots of them!!!

Nice work!!

Can’t believe USA didn’t make it this time

2 Likes

Is it a given that countries lose billions hosting WC? Maybe that will make it less painful when North America split the costs.

One of the things that will help the North American countries not lose as much money is that we won’t have to build new stadiums that will then be abandoned/turned into bus terminals pretty much immediately. Our publicly-funded stadium grift has already happened :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a great list. For folks in my neck of the woods, London’s Pub & Grill in Artesia will also be playing matches in the morning with a full English breakfast available.

1 Like

Wow. This is awesome. Did you do all this for FTC?

I’m pulling for Nigeria. Let’s go flying eaglesssss

2 Likes

True. There’s a stadium in Manaus IIRC that doesn’t even have a single road to it. FIFA was/is so corrupt also.

Russians dont do sports bars so it’s not surprising. We get together with friends in their homes.

1 Like

USA: oh, wait, never mind.

2 Likes

I recall this post from Chowhound, guessing it was updated for this year’s WC.

Who is everyone rooting for?
I’ll go with Senegal as the plucky small country that goes further than expected and with France to win it all.

Glad you think so, J L! Useful is exactly what it’s intended to be. I hope you enjoy the Cup, and its cuisine! :smile:

1 Like

I must admit, I get a terrific kick out of experiencing the Brits going hysterically krazy in the Kings Head over their team. They are SO serious about it that they drape/darken their bar-area windows during the Cup to hyper-focus on the soccer action and tune out the rest of the world. I’ll be there to experience it this Monday.

Thank you so much for the compliment, Jeet! I worked my butt off on this article. Glad to have the opportunity here to post it. xo

Thank you for the compliment and thank you even more for hepping me to London’s Pub & Grill in Artesia! I would love to try that place! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words President Mochi, and really it is YOU who is awesome! :blush:

I did earlier versions of this article in 2014/2015 for Chowhound; but put a lot of research and work into updating it for this year, 2018. I then tried to post it on Chowhound again, but they had some major and irrational technical difficulties in trying to post it. It was roadblocked, so I surfed around and found Food Talk Central, and joined last night so I could post this.

(I contacted Chowhound’s “site feedback” department informing them of my technical difficulties; and they sort of fixed it enough this afternoon. So I did go ahead and post it there as well as of today. But I have little desire to keep hitting technical malfunctions on the part of such sites. Whereas, posting here on FTC was welcoming and a breeze.)

Cousteau :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Alas poor Chowhound. [We] knew him well.

5 Likes