2nd Annual Pumpkin Pie Quest

Rub it in! Looks like they got multiple requests and promptly sold out!

Oh no! At the Grove and Dominque Ansel’s silky pumpkin pie is no longer available even for special orders. Impossible to try all these pies just the week of Thanksgiving.

I volunteer to help.

1 Like

:smile:

Sorry to hear that. I remember last year’s Gjusta pie (see below) being good and had a bit more visual pizzaz with the pumpkin seed topping.

d588d05e17dcadcba06fed560373517b9973851e_1_690x460

1 Like

Getting ready to post the final wrap up with delicious photos for our 2017-2018 Pumpkin Pie Quest,

Here’s the ones that we tasted this season so far: Big Sugar Bakeshop, Bouchon Bakery (R.I.P.), Cake Monkey, Du-Par’s, Erewhon, Friends and Family, Hermosa Pie & Cake Co., Huckleberry, King’s Hawaiian, Kirari West, M Street Kitchen, Martino’s Bakery, Porto’s, Saints and Sinners, Sweet Butter Bakeshop, Top Tier Treats (Formerly Jamaica’s Cakes), Winston Pies.

Last call for Pumpkin Pie (I know it is late in the season, but if anyone knows of a superlative pie smith still will to make a special order let me know).

Bummed to have missed pies from: Craft, Dominique Ansel, Lodge Bread (the liars), Lunetta, Magnolia Bakery, Mixed Company, Proof (they made pumpkin cheesecake this year), Sycamore Kitchen. These will be high on the list for 2018-2019 season.

Hoping The Rye Truck might come through, as I bet their crust is good, also in the OC, The Filling Station said they are still serving Pumpkin Pie. Is Cassell’s good?

Any others for a last call?

thank you

2 Likes

If you are looking for the The Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars I recommend you checking out this recipe.

I guess this is the damn best pumpkin cheesecake that I’ve made