A Pasta Family's Flagship Arrives on the Westside - The Delightful Handmade Pastas of Pasta Sisters (Culver City) [Thoughts + Pics]

That looks glorious, @President_Mochi! Glad to see the new location is faring so well.

1 Like

Happy for PS. BUT I still find their original Arlington/Pico location to be a tad better, food-wise.

Clam pasta.

A bit bland without garlic, but I had my trusty bottle of anchovy juice. :+1:

7 Likes

You carry a bottle of anchovy juice? Tell me more.

2 Likes

I too was intrigued.

1 Like

Colatura di Alici

It’s a magical elixir.

Hi @President_Mochi,

Nice report back. :slight_smile: Yes, we felt like the portions at the new Culver City location are slightly larger than the original location.

1 Like

Just got a notice today that their license came through and they’re serving Beer and Wine.

4 Likes

I just passed the pasta sisters food truck on Ventura Boulevard in Sherman Oaks in front of the CVS pharmacy.

I had no idea.

3 Likes

I just heard about it from a colleague this wk (such a coincidence). Have you tried either the brick-and-mortar or the truck? I haven’t tried the latter but the former is certainly worth a visit.

1 Like

I’ve tried neither, sad to say.

But this is convenient to me. Might need to bang it with some pizza wagon.

Here’s a link to their food truck page including menu and schedule. It’s a choose the pasta / choose the sauce menu.

https://www.pastasisters.com/foodtruck

Whoa. Somebody stole the family recipes from their walk in.
https://www.instagram.com/p/ClNR_jILQNi/

That’s so sad. Hope the diary is recovered. :cry:

Damn, that sucks.

Not the walk-in. The thieves took the whole safe.

I wonder if the recipes are really lost. Seems like they would have made a copy. Especially with two restaurants.

I would also assume the recipes (or, at least, the ones used for the restaurant) have been copied/digitized/whatever.

But I imagine that the diary has tremendous sentimental value, which is why they are offering the reward.

4 Likes

Yes, of course. Just seems like a misleading headline (or incomplete story).

Yeah, I assume clickbait or a bit of sloppy reporting.

Likely the person who wrote the headline only skimmed the story.