A Taco Journey: Carne Asada, Al Pastor, Pacific Spiny Lobster, and more - Leo's Tacos #2, Tire Shop Tacos, Revolutionario, Ricky's Fish Tacos, Guerrilla, BS Taqueria and more!

I’m not ubering just to get some tacos

I’m not ubering just to get some tacos

:joy::joy::joy:

So glad you made it out to La Unica!

Now if I could only get you to try the lonches de lomo and a cup of cafe de olla at Primera Taza down by Mariachi Plaza!

3 Likes

Thanks @JeetKuneBao. We’ve had Primera bookmarked for a while, but we haven’t gone because their Lonches is only offered at certain times right? I thought on our old board people were saying you had to call ahead / check periodically to make sure it was offered?

but you’ll overpay for a degree?

So LA folks actually take public transpo???

Even easier, I ride my Segway from my office on the westside.

3 Likes

I do. Daily.

Carnitas Al Estilo Michoacan in Ontario CA.

Get the humongous tacos or carnitas by the pound. A tad salty, but worth the sodium intake. Their green salsa is insanely good and the perfect foil to cutting through the pork heavy tacos.

Just look at these monster tacos for $2.50, these cueritos carnitas tacos were fantastic.

4 Likes

Which pleases me enormously. Having lived in SF for decades, it’s taken for granted. I understand that all of LA isn’t reasonable but is some of it and some people just choose not to use it?

Ah, so no concern about the planet? Gotcha. Thanks.

Here we go again…

3 Likes

I’ll make sure Chauncey in the Maybach watches out for you along the 10Fwy…

2 Likes

Yes best to call early in the week and check their instagrams. Believe me that sourdough bread is absolutely stunning

2 Likes

Have you tried Birrieria Apatzingan? Used to frequent the location in Pacoima, didn’t realize they opened a new branch in Lake Balboa
http://www.laweekly.com/restaurants/birrieria-apatzingans-michoac-n-style-cuisine-is-pure-mexican-comfort-6494850

2 Likes

Don’t overlook Primera Taza’s cheesecake.

1 Like

Hi @Sgee,

No, I haven’t. Thanks for the info on this place, it sounds wonderful. :slight_smile:

What did you like most from Apatzingan?

@Chowseeker1999 my go to is the birria, a touch more gamey and accompanied by rustic styled tortillas. If you show up on Saturday morning, you might get a dose of Mariachi to accompany your breakfast :wink:

Love to get your thoughts if you make it out to Apatzingan

1 Like

How much tacos are loved…

6 Likes

Thanks as always for your awesome, in-depth reporting!

I guess I must have a high salt tolerance (or there’s some batch variation going on), because I loved the consome at Gonzalez, and drank the whole cup! And in fact I found their tacos just ok, while I loved the tacos & mulitas at Teddy’s - the opposite of your assessment :wink:. Though I should say, my tacos at Teddy’s were substantially redder than the ones in your pix, from, I assume, a longer bath in their (also great) consome.

I’ve gotta make it out to that unnamed stand next!

2 Likes