Above All, Don't Be a Dick

Ahhh… it was the Lodge Pizza thread that sent you packing. I didn’t know. I’m not much of a pizza fan or really Lodge bread for that matter. But I’m glad you checked in here… I’ll take what I can get.

1 Like

Awesome. In other words @Bookwich. Get your ass back here!

Okay wait. I read that again. You actually liked the Lodge pizza debate… I think. Anyway, get your ass back here.

2 Likes

I had that thought too… as you can probably imagine. Some may say he was provoked. But, to quote paranoidgarliclover [quote=“paranoidgarliclover, post:203, topic:1672”]
I feel like you get pinched and then you end up launching a missile in response.
[/quote]
Either way, it was fun getting him to show his ass.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking we should start a War Council. Kind of like the “Lounge”. But this just might be it! Thanks Bookwich.

P.S. I’m just playin’ around guys. I don’t want to be quarantined again :flushed:.

1 Like

English = England
Irish = Ireland
Dickish = Dickland?

That explains a lot about the “who what where and why”…

2 Likes

Enforcement is lax. The goal is to get people to treat each other with civility, not to drive them away.

When I use “cunt” it’s with great hatred and has nothing to do with food. So IMneverHO that would be a BFL (banned for life) use. Again IMneverHO.

I changed the FAQ to reflect the lax enforcement customers demanded shortly after I started the site.

Chowhound’s an object lesson in what can happen when you’re trigger-happy on banning users.

2 Likes

what incident is this post in regards to

It’s only used by men with serious female (mommy?) issues.

Sorry, I’ve tried to be pragmatic, then quiet about this. But I find these excuses lacking. It’s fine to have a lax attitude about allowing a male poster to call a woman a cunt… Just as long as you don’t mind FTC becoming a boys only club.

4 Likes

@robert is not making excuses, as he is not the one in the role of moderator. Nor should he be the target of your (or anyone else’s) anger or angst.

I am. If you need someone to air your issues at, direct them at me please.

Okay @ipsedixit. But he’s responding and saying (writing) that he made and edits the FAQ/Guidelines, so…

I was okay with letting the whole thing drop. I wasn’t innocent in the matter. But this is weak.

[quote=“TheCookie, post:34, topic:5407, full:true”]
I wasn’t innocent in the matter. [/quote]

That’s exactly why you should let it go.

I guess gloves are off on all conflicts. This will be interesting.

2 Likes

If you can compare me giving an obnoxious poster a bit of his own medicine - one who has caused some to leave and others to post less - comparable to calling someone a cunt, then so be it.

8 Likes

Dagnabbit - :slight_smile: I’m sorry I missed this :slight_smile:

(As a side note, when I a card carrying woman feminist of a “certain age”, calls someone a “cunt” and I have, it’s usually preceded by “stupid fucking.” Just an fyi.

Mercury is in retrograde yo’. I’m beginning to think that shitz for realz.

1 Like

Hi @catholiver -

Funny cath. I think you’re right, those 3 words usually do go together. Yeah, I guess everybody could use the word if they’ve been provoked to an unreasonable degree (I haven’t). For example: Someone runs over your dog, then says the dog deserved it for running in front of their car :rage:. But in this instance, I stand by my comment - female issues (fear of being humiliated by a woman)… hmmm :thinking:.

Since we all have agreed that that is the worst thing you can call a woman, I’d like to ask - if that person replaced the word with a racial slur, would they still be allowed to post on FTC?

I’ll stop now. Because I may want to post on FTC again one day.

Thanks for the support folks!

6 Likes