Above All, Don't Be a Dick

You flirt :blush:.

:kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

Hi Y’all,

It’s come to my attention that I and a few others have had our status changed. I’m okay with it and will gladly wear the outsider badge. But I really hope this is a feature of the “quarantine” and not for speaking-out, and not a punishment for those who spoke-up for me. That would be depressing.

Can we not turn this into Animal Farm?

Happy Eating?

3 Likes

I hope not, too. I think we’re all mature enough that, if there were a problem, it could be handled head on and not passive aggressively. I hope, anyway. If your ranking/status has been downgraded, you should know why.

1 Like

By “status changed” you mean your “trust level”?

Discourse automatically raises and lowers that based on various criteria including how many of your posts are flagged as offensive. I’m not sure any of the moderators has ever changed someone’s trust level manually.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/what-do-user-trust-levels-do/4924

I’m pretty sure i meet the criteria for “regular” but got demoted to “member” somewhere along the way. i haven’t been flagged or suspended so what gives?

2 Likes

i tink the Pres has his hands in this website too.

I never heard of this before now but activity is a component for “regular.”

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

All of these must be true.

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

No one’s status level should have been changed. For some reason the status levels were locked. I’ve unlocked all of those users that I could find who had status levels locked.

2 Likes