Acquired any new cookbooks lately?

Great info. Thanks.

1 Like

Me too. I bought a small, inexpensive Asus 2-in-1 to download recipes and cookbooks.

IMG_7015

1 Like

I rarely use flour that needs the precision of weighing but when I do it’s always metric. Like Asian dough recipes. Maybe I’ll bake some day :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Loved this! I especially loved her bit about the doctors office :rofl:

1 Like

Just received the “Bestia” cookbook. It appears to be excellent, and has the recipe for the spinach gnochetti with roasted marrow bones. I know what will be cooking this weekend!

2 Likes

I really like it as well. Really gives you a sense of the place

Just acquired “Cooking South of the Clouds”. Beautifully written and photographed about the food of Yunnan province. Recipes are quite simple; I believe they are largely home cooking, but look wonderful. Highly recommend it. Yunnan is now on my bucket list.

3 Likes

2020 quarantine update. Y’all pick up anything good?

I’m eyeballing Guerilla Tacos and Baking at République. Also ISO a good Vietnamese cookbook.

3 Likes

@hppzz has some nice recipes.

5 Likes

I’ve been baking with the République book. Pain au lait is super easy and simple…love the cookies, too!

4 Likes

I have Chicken Genius in my cart, haven’t pulled the trigger cuz i dont know if i’ll ever make yakitori.But it’s there, sitting, waiting…

1 Like

@hppzz has an awesome IG feed and stories too

4 Likes

4 Likes

Really want to get Dishoom after seeing the zoom author talk with Now Serving but I’m going to wait till they have it back in stock rather than get it elsewhere.

2 Likes

“Baking at Republique” is excellent as @attran99 points out. For Vietnamese I have both Andrea Nguyen’s “Into the Vietnamese Kitchen” and Charles Phan’s “Vietnamese Home Cooking”. I like both of them. As you are the guy that turned me on to the delight’s of Chiang Mai Thai Kitchen may I also recommend Austin Bush’s “The Food of Northern Thailand”, a beautiful comprehensive book with some killer khao soi recipes.

4 Likes

Does it need to be new? I’m still a huge fan of Andrea Nguyen and her “Into the Vietnamese Kitchen” is on of my faves.

2 Likes

I bought Samin Nosrat’s Salt Fat Acid and Heat, but am thinking about returning it to Costco for a refund because the font is difficult for me to read.

Haven’t had this problem with other cookbooks I’ve purchased within the last 2 years.

I suppose I could use a page magnifier, but I was wondering if there are others who’ve had this problem and are reading the Kindle version instead?

1 Like

I hadn’t noticed or thought about it… but I will now! :grin:

1 Like