Alex, I'll take, "Name That LA Blogger" for $400

From his recent ERB review - please read with deep appreciation of both the alliteration and the sibilance - “The prosciutto was as about as simple as you can get, but satisfying–a slick, salty ham with a nutty sweetness.”

I wonder if he is talking about me?

He’s sweet talking you.

and that ain’t no fucking joke.

Hell yes I’m envious. I’d like to tag along to even a quarter of his meals, and share in the depths of his wine cellar. Kevineats, if you invite me along on your next Urasawa trip, you can call the wine anything you want.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know if I’d call you slick… :wink:

This needs to be pulled out of your comments: thank you for so clearly stating something that I think we all (yes, I include myself in the group) sometimes forget. We are dealing with people, very real fellow humans. We don’t know their secret vulnerabilities, we don’t know how words might be heard or interpreted, either.

I admit to chuckling over his wording - but I also appreciate his dedication to sharing food with the world.

3 Likes

I like his take on Clifton’s

http://www.kevineats.com/2015/10/cliftons-cafeteria-los-angeles-ca.html

1 Like

Thanks for posting this honkman. I really enjoy that he tries so much food with good pics as well.

I think Kevin was one of the first people doing food blog style pictures. If it’s the same guy, he was Preceptor on Chowhound, posting photos of every dish long before the food blog explosion. I’m thinking it was 2002 or something.

I’m pretty sure preceptor and Kevin are different. I could be wrong.

Does beg the question what the hell happened to Perceptor.

Could be, for some reason I had them linked. Maybe Preceptor was a Kevin too but a different Kevin.

And I am neither of those Kevins.

I am just “kevin”

And that ain’t no fucking joke.

(stands up) i’m kevin!

Perceptor is @victors_belly on Instagram. Still very much on the food scene, just not posting about it on message boards. Great photographer though…

2 Likes

Oooh, his IG is one of my favorites.

I don’t think you are; I’m pretty sure I remember kevineats actually posting as “kevineats” until the mods cracked down on him (and he presumably gave them the middle finger by deciding to move on…).

Cracked down on him for what? Sorry, I’m nosey. :grin:

My vague recollection was that kevineats once posted on CH that the mods wouldn’t let him post a link to his own blog, so he had to duplicate the text on CH. I think he eventually just stopped posting altogether, and I took that as a sign that he was “over it.”

1 Like

I recall something similar - but they (they = the CH staff) seemed to have no issue with the person on the Las Vegas board who constantly posted links to his (I think it’s a man) blog. Maybe the latter was a result of them loosing the rules at some point?

I believe his name is Mike, and goes by the handle “uhockey” on CH. IIRC, he was initially reproducing his blog posts on CH, and was then told that he could post a link to it, but couldn’t post the entry. It’s not just about Las Vegas, although that’s where he now lives, but about all of his travels – and I find that I agree with him far more than I disagree. His blog is at http://endoedibles.com

1 Like