Amazing Salmon Belly, Oil-Cured Sardines, Lox, Herring and Rockin' Breakfast! - Gjusta

I really liked the creamy tahini filling in the middle, much better than the ham and cheese croissant.

I bought it planning to just try a bite or two, but ended up downing the whole thing. Really thought it was excellent. And it’s much better than their baklava croissant.

Thanks for the heads up! Time for a revisit. :slight_smile:

Easter Sunday at Gjusta

Nice @wienermobile! :slight_smile: Did you try more than one of the smoked fish selections today?

Love their smoked mackerel …

Hit Gjusta the other day and tried their new veggie burger. The patty reminds me of their falafel and it works really well as a burger. It comes with sprouts, tomato, pickled onions, aioli, and cheese. Next time I’m going to see if they can add avocado – I suspect that would take it over the top.

New photo by Andrew Wilmar

Italian sandwich was as good as it’s ever been. The baguette was crispier and wider than usual, which really helped hold everything together. I also detected a smokey note from the meat that I don’t recall before. Are they smoking their own ham now?

Salads were beautiful and delicious as always. I couldn’t settle on just one and ended up getting the cannellini bean and the cauliflower, both of which were excellent.

Finally dessert. Imo the pies at Gjusta never really recovered from the departure of Nicole Rucker. But the chocolate banana cream pie was just too tempting – and tasted as good as it looked.

Banh mi Americano - how long has this been on the menu? My first visit in one to two months and I saw this listed on the sandwich board just above the brisket banh mi.

This one has tender pieces of chicken and paté along with the usual banh mi ingredients (and Gjusta bread). A bunch of cilantro is laid on top - great for this cilantro lover. Easily removed for haters. The paté and chicken is the best duo since peanut butter and jelly - maybe the new mashed potatoes and gravy? YMMV but for me, this sandwich is a keeper on that menu.

Hi @bulavinaka,

Ooh nice! It’s been on the menu for a while. :wink: The last time I ordered it (last year) it didn’t come with Pate, which I think would’ve been incredible with it. I’ll have to give this new version a try. :slight_smile:

Geez - let me have my self-imagined lucidity in peace, will ya?! :crazy_face:

I think it was there from the beginning and it is really good. That pate makes the sandwich, has to have enough or its just okay