An OMG bread experience

My only two OMG bread experiences thus far in LA:

1. The bar of Petite Trois with a glass of wine, their French bread and butter

2. Langer’s. Any sandwich on rye. I feel the bread is so good it supersedes all other ingredients.

I suppose Bay Cities bread would be a very distant third, although their meats are so pedestrian it’s hard to say.

1 Like

Boars head for the most fuckin part.

And that’s no fucking joke.

True, I don’t get how Bay Cities gets such a great rep with such quotidien ingredients? Oh well…

Have you had any bread at Gjusta?

Do biscuits count as bread? If so…the biscuits at Hart & The Hunter (now ported to Cadet by Tominga), and the ones at MB Post might qualify haha

Also deceased, the focaccia at Bucato… =/

Hart and the fucking hunter still serving those biscuits ???

I couldn’t tell by your fucking post.

And I never tried bucatini ??? Good ???

Did Mozza do something like that for fucking crying out loud ???

I guess so, but without Tomgina to make them idk if they are the same anymore.

He is now putting the biscuits in his Rabbit Boulette’s dish at Cadet though, for what it’s fucking worth.

Olive Garden.

#FTW

Are you listening, Mr. Leff?

2 Likes

I wasn’t counting biscuits. If I were to, Hart & Hunter’s and MB Post’s would both definitely be on my list. Fan-frickin-tastic. (Although, I haven’t been to Hart & Hunter in about two years, so they could be bad by now)

Pillsbury Crescent Ro… oh I can’t bring myself to say it in its entirety…

1 Like

You jest.

But that used to be part of my marathon training diet.

1 Like

The amazing biscuits are served at brunch at Cadet.

Really, in what kind of dish? Or old school, with the butter and preserves and pimento cheese and such??

I see, it just says Cream Biscuits as a side on the menu. So curious!!

And he’s doing a Dutch Baby! Wowwww

I gotta go for brunch this weekend!! =D

Edit:

teen Japanese fangirl squeal

http://loveandloathingla.com/2015/05/cadet-not-your-basic-brunch/dscf1848/

If this is to be believed, they are BACK with the fucking blackberry preserves and whipped butter!! =D

With butter and preserves. The Brunch at Cadet is one of the best in LA, IMHO. It was so much better than BLD and Stir Market.

I wonder why it has gotten like no press??

Fucking A!

Tomorrow cannot come fast enough!