Any Great Breakfast Spots in Irvine, Costa Mesa area?

+1 for Snooz. But need to get there early though.

This.

I was going to suggest Nate’s but didn’t know if @Chowseeker1999 wanted something a little more conducive to a sit-down meal. That’s what I get for thinking.

Snooze is great, but I haven’t braved the line at the Tustin location… yet.

One of OC’s bragging rights is Little Saigon.

The area of Bolsa and Magnolia or Brookhurst and Garden Grove has a lot of good places right next to each other or very short distance.

3 Likes

on this note, pho is traditionally a breakfast item.

5 Likes

Get some bun cha Hanoi and fresh sugarcane juice, or hit up Thuan Thoi.

Eggs, pancakes, burritos, meh you can get it anywhere in LA. Most Little Saigon places open up at 9-10.

Brookhurst and Garden Grove area:
-Phat Ky Mi Ga
-Vans Restaurant
-Brodards
-Thuan Thoi
-Pho 79

Magnolia and Bolsa:
-Le Crossiant Dore
-Kim Ky
-Pho Quang Trung

3 Likes

In the shorter Verpertine thread the linked Eater article talked about Eggslice, a mon thru wed breakfast pop up in Shuck at OC Mix. Anyone been?

Looks like they have bottles of BLK, a bottled cold brew from OC with nice looking egg sandwiches.

2 Likes

Excellent breakfast sandwich. Couldn’t believe the egg yolk made it back to my office intact! Only nit pick was that it was hard to taste the salmon over the excellent mustard sauce.

3 Likes

Thanks @JRSD.

I wanted to try Nate’s Korner, but sadly some accident / traffic totally backed up the 55, so I ended up at Swich Bistro on that visit. Next time though! Posted pics here:

My coworker got caught in that same traffic jam.

The chicken schnitzel was even better. Need to try the chili jam straight since the chili jam mayo was great.

4 Likes

That’s why I read that article - and then stumbled on the Vespertine reference. Eggslice looks tasty!

yeah, i’ve tried the whole menu except for the Egg & Cheese. The Chicken Schnitzel, Egg & Cheese and the Salmon & Egg was my favorite. (that Dill Mustard!). The chili jam is good but can be overwhelming. I felt there was a little bit too much in the Bacon, Egg & Cheese one.

Here’s the menu if anyone is interested:

5 Likes

We were in for oysters earlier this week and got a look at the menu. I was told they’ll be doing this for a few months at least.
I’ll be getting in soon.

Or Sidecar for their Poached Egg within a Donut with Canadian Bacon and Basil Hollandaise. Only before 11am. Some of the best coffee in CM too.

In case other folks needed recs as well and found this thread, here’s our visit to Cream Pan (one of the great recommendations on this thread). Thanks! :slight_smile:

New(ish) Taiwanese bakery in Tustin that also has a branch in Chino Hills. Never been but saw it being promoted today on Food Beast. I am by no means an expert in this realm but the pics look good.

https://www.luxweet.com/

1 Like