Anyone tried Pasta Sisters? Looks GOOD!

I ordered delivery this morning at 11:30 a.m. I ate truffle pasta for breakfast and afternoon snack, then half of the ragu for dinner. I will eat the rest of the ragu for breakfast tomorrow. I really liked the ragu, it had a nice acidity and a rich meatiness that was slightly gamey, like a lamb ragu.

And they sent so much bread! Lovely little slices of focaccia with rosemary and salt. The house side salad was nice also, the tartness of the balsamic cut the richness of the pasta.

I will probably eat through the entire menu in the next week or so. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

4 Likes

Thank you! Dinner tomorrow.

2 Likes

1 Like

That clam pasta looks just perfect!

These pasta portions are precious

yep… LA size portion… in a low rent plaza… lame

Prices are pretty low for what they are doing though. They aren’t charging 20$ for their pastas

2 Likes

It’s a strip mall on Pico. They can give me a couple more fork fulls for $16

they do. ask for a large portion. i think they charge about $3 extra.

3 Likes

I wish I knew this. My sister and my cousin went recently…they’d have loved more.

Just ate there on Tues (had the black truffle pasta). While I would’ve enjoyed having more b/c it was delicious, I’ve never found the portions there to be “small.” They employ a small army of people (at the Culver City location, at least). The prices have crept up a bit over the past few yrs, but I think it’s very respectable QPR.

5 Likes

I have found the receipt of my meal at the truck and realized I was off on some of the pricing. I blame the rain…

The Pasta Sisters seem to continue to do very well for themselves… so much so that they recently launched a truck! They have been hitting areas all over town, but yesterday I was very lucky for them to come out to my office!! I went ahead and ordered two dishes that usually I don’t get at their restaurant but seemed quite comforting for a rainy day…

They had a selection of Meat Lasagna and the special of Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna. Just how I have a rule of not ordering filled pasta at restaurants, I never order Lasagne. It’s uniformly awful. Over cooked. Mushy. The worst is when they give you a tiny piece in one of those boat dishes covered in insipid marinara. And they always overcharge. Still… I had heard good things about the Pasta Sisters one, so I went ahead and ordered the Spinach and Ricotta.

It was not cheap at around $12… but the slices was HUGE!! The layers of spinach and ricotta were well defined and the lasagna noodle super thin and tasted of fresh pasta. This had to be the best restaurant lasagna I’ve ever had.

I also ordered the Gnocchi ($2 up charge) with Bolognese which because of the meat sauce came around to a total of $15. This I had today and it re-heated well. But I took a few bite when I had it fresh and it obviously was much better. The Gnocchi are surprisingly large. They also are VERY soft. I like mine with a little tooth and so I prefer the ones at Osteria Mamma best… but for a truck… they were cooked near perfect and held up to the Bolognese.

SImilar to the restaurant, you have to order the salad on the side. It doesn’t cost much, $5 and it’s a pretty big salad and has a lot of good stuff like Olives and a housemade balsamic. Still, wasn’t anything other than a way to eat something green beside ricotta studded with spinach…

LIke the restaurant, the prices are creeping up, especially for a truck. With a Perrier these three dishes cost me $30+… However, for the quality and portion size (I got a ton of Gnoochi, it’s still a worthy treat if you see them parked near you!

9 Likes

the gnocchi @ Osteria Mamma are really good. I haven’t been there in a long time (when I worked near by we used to go frequently)—I should get back there soon!

1 Like