Anyone tried Pasta Sisters? Looks GOOD!

Special. Spaghetti texture was ridiculously good

that bottarga pasta looks delicious ill have to check it out

I liked the porchini one even more… It’s really tough to find real italian porchini

1 Like

Thanks @Nemroz.

Yeah I really liked the porcini. They didn’t have the bottarga when we last went. Can’t wait to try that one.

How’s the bolognese? i need to get into that one.

also amazing mortadella at a good price.

The bolognese was very very good, I think it’s what one would normally expect from a good bolognese the noodles were well coated with the meat/sauce and paired very well with the tagliatele.

Hi @Nemroz,

Definitely one of the best lunch time options for Bolognese I’ve found recently. :slight_smile: Tied with Cento’s Bolognese for taste, and at Pasta Sisters you can get it with the more classic pasta pairing.

Spaghetti Bottarga!

WOW! If you like seafood, this cured roe/bottarga, is the essence of the sea. Not in your face, but packs a lot of punch. I hope that makes sense. Pasta was perfectly cooked btw. So simple but so good.

My next post would be the other items I got, the Bottarga deserves its own.

5 Likes

Pesto Gnocchi
Ravioli with Porcini, Cheese and Butter sauce
Bolognese with Tagliatelle.

All perfectly cooked.

The family are absolute sweethearts!

The tiramisu!!

An Italian family from Northern Italy cooking up fresh pasta with Grandma recipes, with warm and sweet service and fair prices? A true LA gem.

5 Likes

delete.

Been twice…had excellent pappardelle bolognese…definitely want to try other pastas…you basically mix and match pastas and sauces when you order…ya need to overcome doubts about entering…the folks are very friendly and their is room to eat in… but they do have a lot of people pickin up to go orders!

3 Likes

I think I never posted that I went and got the lasagne. It was really good. I was surprised at how light it was, lasagne is usually really heavy to me.

1 Like

That looks great. Is that a special or is it on the regular menu?

1 Like

It is a special, just ask!

It is pretty damn good

1 Like

Just had the spaghetti bottarga today. It’s righteous. It’s not anywhere on the menu or specials board, so you have to specifically ask for it. Hurry up and get it before it’s gone.

3 Likes

I would say after a friendly greeting you should always ask about the off menu specials and trust the owners pasta pairing with sauce.

spaghetti bottarga :fish:
I had high hopes for the bottarga, but this was just ok. They were pretty skimpy on the bottarga so i didn’t get much flavor. The spaghetti was cooked nice and al dente though.

tagliatelle with bolognese :cow:
This was also just ok for me, the bolognese tasted pretty bland.

3 Likes

delete.

1 Like

It’s pretty delicioso.

They have Pumpkin Ravioli in a white truffle sauce now too. With some real truffles bits in there.

1 Like

sounds better than the spaghetti bottarga i had

1 Like