Anyone tried Pasta Sisters? Looks GOOD!

its tiny ?

Quite tiny.

2 2tops a 4 top and a small ledge for solos tiny

When I was there, there was no small ledge for solos, but there were 3 tables, each with 3 stools.

1 Like

It’s easy to miss the ledge. It’s really narrow and up against the main window.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/pasta-sisters-los-angeles?select=jEumWStXwynjrYLx-zC0rQ

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Oh! Thank you–I did miss that, but there was an area along the counter that looked like it could have been used for bar seating, but instead was being used to display desserts. There were also 3 stools stacked on top of each other, unusable.

Very odd layout to this place; no area to wait for your food after ordering without feeling in the way, and anyone dining at those small tables will also feel like everyone is on top of them, whether seated by the door/to-go pickup area, or right by the register.

1 Like

They should put a bunch of milk crates in the parking lot like Gjusta did,

They should put a bunch of milk crates in the parking lot like Gjusta did,

You’d get very happily run over by angry laundromat customers.

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Get a sfogliatelle. go outside. eat sfogliatelle. That makes the wait in the area SO much nicer…

–Dommy!

1 Like

@Francesco_Sinatra do you plan on putting the mortadella sandwich back on the menu? I was there last week and unfortunately it wasn’t available.

Would love to try it next time I visit!

Hi @hungryhungryhippos the Mortadella panini is available all the time. It’s a special sandwich you just ask at the cash register and we can make it for you.

Last week we finished the Mortadella and the shipment form Italy was late, so we couldn’t make it because of that reason.

Now we have it, so you can come and get it anytime you like.

Best,

Francesco

5 Likes

Although it gets crowded, I ALWAYS look in the cold case first to see what is available or what looks delicious. At times they are out of things or have new things. Ask, what is a MUST try today. You might be surprised,I’ve had a lot of aged ham over my lifetime, but the Prosciutto they import is like no other! So regardless, you are always in for a good sandwich.

–Dommy!

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the response, will definitely be back soon!

Tiny !

It’s laid out as a fresh pasta to go place, but they’re making dishes so it is a bit difficult. Lucky for me so far we’ve had no wait.

1 Like

Yes. More than anything it’s a Deli. It’s been heaven sent to a home cook like me. The pasta and sauces are delicious and cook up quick. The cheese and charcuterie selection is amazingly curated. The desserts… well if you saw my post above… they often don’t make it all the way home… All these things are worlds better than you can get at Whole Foods or many other gourmet shops in L.A. It’s laid out as a fresh pasta to go place,

–Dommy!

1 Like

Very! Luckily us West Adams types are very nice. Everytime I’ve been in there, the vast majority of the patrons have always been very mindful.

–Dommy!

I was at Southland drinking beers then I noticed a tart off to the side. Turned out to be a Pasta Sisters ricotta chocolate tart and it was outstanding with some BA imp stout

2 Likes

did you get his/her name?

5 Likes

Due to the smattering of dried palm fronds on the highway yesterday, Waze saw fit to pass me to Arlington Heights on the way home. I would’ve stayed to eat in, but Siri was kind of sparse and they were rather busy. But I was able to get it to go and take this artsy fartsy close up when I got home:

The papardelle con funghi porcini held up quite well on the way home. I don’t think I could’ve asked for a better dish. The three little fingers of focaccia that they sent along were spongy, moist, and flavorful. Apricot pie was nice too. Just wish it was closer to my home. I would be there a heck of a lot more. Let’s see if traffic patterns divert me into the neighborhood again sometime soon

7 Likes