APL Restaurant

That was a shockingly negative review for kevineats.

Does the pot de creme look tiny?

1 Like

Looks more like the Peter Luger dish, thick slices and a red sauce.

Not to me. Not at all.
Have you had the dish there? I grew up on it - the first tomatoes and onions I ever liked were at Peter Luger.
a) No fucking tomatoes.
b) I assume those white thingies are flecks of horseradish (on the sauce and the onion)? Weird, and not part of the PL dish.
c) That sauce is so much lighter than Peter Luger sauce - which, as I have said,“'makes” the dish, IMHO.

1 Like

Carnevino is closing next month. Nancy S may bring it to LA.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g60827-d457806-i53613987-Peter_Luger_Steak_House-Brooklyn_New_York.html

It looks more like the Peter Luger dish than a few curls of onion on a plate did.

That is true - cannot argue with that.
Though it is a bit like saying that Trump looks more like a good President than does a walrus.
It is true enough, though neither are.

4 Likes

What is the Peter Luger sauce? Is it like A.1. sauce?

Without tasting the sauce, who knows?

APL will probably add tomatoes when they can get good ones.

kind of. tangy-er
you can buy it - its great on anything - but steak
https://peterluger.com/peter-luger-steak-house-old-fashioned-sauce/

If you live in OC they sell Luger sauce at the Butchery

You know, I may get this for my brother’s birthday next month. I don’t need a six pack of steak sauce, but he could use it for his summer grilling parties. This way I get to try it, but I’m not responsible for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gelsons usually stocks it. Some Bristol Farms do as well, if you want it, I would call around. I think it is refrigerated.

1 Like

I really love it on potato, and other strongish flavored veggies (like grilled onions, peppers).
Can be used on burgers instead of ketchup.

I bet it would be great in a shepherd’s pie base. I’m out of my fancy Worcestershire sauce until Surfa’s restocks.

I think they have it at Monsieur Marcel’s at the 3rd Street and Fairfax Farmer’s Market also.

1 Like

Yeah, I have hope that APL’s determination will transcend the location and other constraints.

1 Like

Thanks FSB!
Maybe I should have said “why” not “how” :slight_smile:

I’ll be trying it in a few months too. See you there.

No Peter Luger steak sauce at Valley Village Gelsons.

how was it?

Pretty good - they had just started their full tasting menu and it was Pacific NorthWest focused, in fact I believe almost all the wines in the pairing were from Oregon.

I’ll post pictures in its own thread this week in the Bay Area category. Gotta finish NY reports and London as well.

1 Like