April 2018 Weekend Rundown

i disagree it’s definitely overpriced by at least 10-15%

1 Like

Well, where do you go for comparable food/ambiance/etc at 10-15% less?

I want to say Osteria Mozza is a little cheaper, and comparable.

looks like we’re splitting hairs here and any potential pricing differential is based on what type of luxury ingredients you’re in the mood for. having said that, when I went to Osteria Mozza I was pleasantly surprised that the bill wasn’t higher than it was.

I really don’t feel like keying in these menu items on a spreadsheet and then computing averages, so we’ll just agree to disagree.

FTC = Financial Tickery Central

3 Likes

Friends & Family, at least for breakfast/lunch.

1 Like

I just put this on my list for our frequent family & friend brunches. Good food, good price, central to L.A. and Valley… and they take reservations!

Yeah, I know. At first we didn’t go because we were mourning the loss of Campanile (where is Mark Peele btw?). Everytime I passed by and saw how packed it was I would yell in my head “Who are those interlopers?!” Then we didn’t go because of how jam packed it was; I knew it would be around for a while. I’ve also heard the service can be hamster snooty. Nothing can hurt a business more than a too cool for school hipster. Then there’s the prices, so… But I’m over all that, kinda’, it’s time to give them a whirl. TBC…

Yep, our kids & co. go all the time for breakfast. They love it.

1 Like

He has Prawn at GCM, but not sure if he’s working on anything else.

1 Like

Is this new/different than b/f?

Also in Pasadena:
http://prawncoastal.com/pasadena-ca/

(I know @TheCookie ends up this way occasionally; though, tbh, I can’t imagine voluntarily going to that end of town.)

1 Like

I didn’t get much - Real Food Daily and My Vegan. Are they even in Pasadena? She’s not much of a seeker anymore, but is a great vegetarian cook. :slight_smile:

1 Like