Are macarons still a thing?

No apologies needed. This is great. I can tell by your excitement and the yelps that it’s great. Pictures of that open-faced egg salad sandwich look really delicious!

1 Like

I know. I hear ya’. I just don’t want them to gobble up my little spot :unamused:.

2 Likes

And not in addition to? You’ve much more restraint that I’ve ever possessed.[quote=“TheCookie, post:37, topic:4079”]
Pictures of that open-faced egg salad sandwich look really delicious!
[/quote]

The secret is that the egg is served still warm and barely cooked through - the right amount of a light, fresh mayo, the crisp greens, and the excellent bread (I go for the unimaginative baguette - I think others prefer the walnut bread) - it’s sublime and completely unique. One of the foods I will miss whenever we leave the area.

1 Like

@ElsieDee That egg salad sandwich is the best thing on their menu next to the macarons. I can never finish it all, so I can justify a purchase of anything more than the egg salad and 2 dozen macarons.

1 Like

And the garnish of chives - really nice touch.

1 Like

This. So very much this.

And after you have your EuroPane egg salad sandwich cherry popped, it will be what you think about any time you are ordering an egg salad sandwich.

4 Likes

Something is opening on Montana Ave and Euclid, also. I can’t read the sign while driving, but cannot help but notice the photo of the colorful macarons.

1 Like

Next time you go take some pictures of your spot and start a thread!

Good idea

My current macaron universe:
Laduree = Pierre Marcolini > Sadaharu Aoki > Pierre Hermes

2 Likes

I haven’t had any of those. But I like this thing you two have going.

1 Like

Cloud in Fullerton

You can get a poke bowl, boba, acai bowl and matcha snow. If only they had macarons, @ipsedixit may never leave Fullerton. :joy:

2 Likes

aaaand it’s open

2 Likes

I saw that the other day at The Grove. Set up near or in the grass area next to mobs of shoppers walking by, is the startling sight of white-clothed tables, fancy silverware and flutes of champagne. Very swanky in an incongruous setting. Have you been?

In Beverly Hills too. The invasion is on.

1 Like

Hi @J_L,

How do these new U.S. stores compare to your visit in France? Better, worse?

Oh well
 I hope Lette survives :smirk:.

[quote=“aaqjr, post:44, topic:4079, full:true”]
Next time you go take some pictures of your spot and start a thread!
[/quote]I didn’t forget this suggestion (well kinda’ I did), and actually went and ate a lot of them. I took pictures and everything :relaxed:. If @PorkyBelly doesn’t mind I’d like to post it here instead of starting a new thread. I have a theory that keeping things together makes it easier for the community to find a certain thing. But that’s just me. No need for anyone to follow suit. Anyway, I want to go again to refresh my palate, so to speak.

1 Like

bien sûr

2 Likes

Pierre :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: