Artelice Patisserie (Sawtelle Japantown): A Pictorial Essay

that matcha green tea macaron O_O

1 Like

The passion fruit chocolate macaron is pretty special too.

Curious about your opinion. Iā€™m a chicken lover and rather enjoyed Tatsuā€™s broth. I ask because Ramen is my next frontier, especially after @Chowseeker1999ā€™s mouth watering report. I eat a lot of it and know what tastes good to me, just not what is considered the real. Thanks!

1 Like

Taste is subjective. You may enjoy Tatsu, sure. But it tastes like dishwashing graywater to me. Thus I dub Tatsu with a big, fat Zero.

If you want to try chicken ramen may I suggest Tentenyu and their tori paitan ramen

2 Likes

Okay, got it.

Thanks @aaqjr. Iā€™ll check it out when on that side of town. I mostly dwell east of Robertson (Tatsu Melrose). I get that itā€™s probably a fast version, but itā€™s slim pickinsā€™ for ramen in my 'hood. Does the Sawtelle locale even offer chicken?:thinking:

They are well known for their chicken ramen thatā€™s why I recommended them ā€˜toriā€™ in japanese means bird (which in this case is chicken) and Paitan refers to the broth (usually thick from gelatine and sometimes cloudy)

1 Like

You do know that the fantastic E.A.K. Ramen is right in that area, yes?

3 Likes

Ahhhā€¦ itā€™s destination worthy. Great!

I donā€™t know anything anymore. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But canā€™t wait! Thanks.

E.A.K.'s takoyaki is :heart:

3 Likes

I just realized I engineered a thread drift on my own threadā€¦

Whatever. Damn the torpedoes. Here is the link to E.A.K. Ramen

2 Likes

What do you get at E.A.K.?

Ramen.

1 Like

They have more than one kind. But thanks for your helpfulness.

I enjoyed the oh so hot

1 Like

Thanks Boo. We went today. Iā€™ll put it on a Ramen thread tonight.

To re-divert this Artelice thread back on track, the news is that Artelice Patisserie has relocated just two storefronts down, to the other side of (what used to be) Balconi Coffeeā€¦

2 Likes

Oh wow, thatā€™s a much bigger space. Good for them! Are they open yet