Article on n/naka

My next rezzie there is Friday 6pm in April - but I gave that seating to a family member already.

Early seatings in the week of June 19th to June 22nd would be nice since my fiancĆ©eā€™s birthday is on the 23rd. I wouldnā€™t wanna take her to Vespertine now and end up with an early divorce would I?

Any tricks? Or do I just need to train up my reaction time and tap on ā€œcompleteā€ reservation on Resy sooner at 10:00AM Sunday?

Make friends with someone who has mutinode hardwired terminals. Then let the bots do the rest.

But itā€™s always better to be FOTC.

Bruh youā€™re only getting one chance at that. This is not how dining at n/naka works. Lol

I hope youā€™re not trying for the Saturday first if thatā€™s the case.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Iā€™m only FOTFOTCā€¦

I failed miserably yesterday morning already. Iā€™ll bulk up my index finger at LA Fitness this week and prepare for another battle this upcoming Sunday.

NYC kaiseki representing:

I looked at the Odo menu and find it kind of curious that most ā€œkaisekiā€ places in the US, as Odo does, serve a hybrid sushi-kaiseki. I guess most diners expect some sushi ā€œcourseā€ in high end Japanese restaurants stateside, but I believe that format is pretty unique to American restaurants touting kaiseki.

ā€œlike the warm short-grain rice and the dark nishiki that he will brush over certain fish.ā€œ

I think he probably means nikiri. Not sure one brushes (dark) rice over fish.

Anyone else tried Okuda in nyc? I had a very nice meal there; curious on othersā€™ thoughts for how it compares.

1 Like

Nishiki/nikiriā€¦lol. Maybe Mr. Wells was a victim of autocorrect?

I may be picking grains of rice, but I would say Shoji is more of a hybrid sushi-kaiseki experience whereas at Odo, the sushi is just one ā€œcourseā€. But I agree that this appears to be an American ā€˜innovationā€™ā€¦ never experienced nor seen nigiri served in a kaiseki meal in Japan, unless you count the occasional saba bozushi.

Ditto here. I was puzzled as to his wording alsoā€¦

Tried to book without cheating again this past Sunday but for some reason, all reservations for the 3rd week of June were already gone an hour before they were suppose to be released on Resy. :rage:

So I ended up having to utilize FOTFOTC and got a reservation that way.

1 Like