Banned from Chowhound?

Hi Ipse,

Thanks for the welcome.

I was so pissed off when Chowhound deleted my post. I was defending a chef friend about whom a poster had said completely snarky things about that had to do with her personal life, not food. I stopped visiting Chowhound for a while, but I so enjoy buttertart’s What Are You Baking This Month threads that I caved.

1 Like

Perhaps you and @buttertart can start another one here?

1 Like

I’m not sure that regulars on topical CH boards have as much reason to leave. Their boards weren’t deleted and redistributed, were they?

I believe Ms. Buttertart is over on HO.

Ms. @buttertart is indeed here, but unfortunately she does not appear to be an active member.

She is on HO. Maybe I should’ve made that clearer.

Mmmm. Butter tarts.

Where ???

They still exist but the traffic on them seems to have diminished greatly, except for one or two. I used to follow them a lot but find very little of interest now.

1 Like

Amy Scattergood’s piece about the CH ruckus in the L.A. Times here:

Not a complete story – I guess she spoke to the New Loyalists as well as some of the Departed, so there’s no mention of all you guys who got sent to Outer Darkness …

That’s being discussed over here:

The same for me - it was the last whisker! So sick of reading posts that emanated in 2007 and irrelevant chatty chat was sophomoric - just keep it food baby and that’s plenty to talk about. Thanks ROBERT

1 Like

Not banned yet, but I had been over on Hungry Onion and not Food Talk Central. Now I’m both paces. Sigh.

What? You’ve been banned from HO?

Trying to get my mind around the need we seem to have to talk about all the CH stuff. I’m thinking that many of the ‘alienated’ are still hoping there’s a viable way to participate there and not have to go through the time and pain of growing new sites. Personally I’ve always had a tendency to ‘brain’ my way through situations, so I keep following and suggesting things just in case there still IS a there there.

As an observation, there do seem to be topics on CH that are allowed to live with repeated mentions of FTC and HO, but I have a feeling that new users are insulated from them with Feedback not being easily accessible unless you know where to look. So the site may just be sending the kids to their room until they can ‘behave’ in public.

Not banned yet from CH. Not banned due to my Hungry Onion activity. Just found FTC.
CH activity has been very low - post a week or so - in the last few months anyway after having moderators harsh on me.

1 Like

Linda Whit- I was just going to see if we could get you over here… Those Top Chef recaps were great!

1 Like

I’ve met several people who seemed like total psychos online who were perfectly normal in real life.<<

I come from the school that would flip “seemed” and “were.”

2 Likes

Not banned either, sales background has taught me how to deal with troublemakers

1 Like

Guess I join the temporary wrist slap club. My latest email:

Hi foodieX2,

We have emailed you and explained that we do not discuss individual moderation decisions publicly, including but not limited to publishing a private communication with you.

We’re sorry, but because of your latests behavior we’re asking to take some time away from the site. This is not a permanent suspension, but we’d like you to reach out to us in two week if you’re willing to change your behavior. Your contributions about food are greatly valued, and we’d very much like to see you stay an active member of the community.

Marcela

The Chowhound Team

For Those Who Live to Eat

Discussion: LAT article on CH

A copy of your post:

In fact I was threatened with suspension for “spamming” the site when I answered the question “where is everyone going” and I name FTC. In fact a number of day laters I responded back why this (and other) threads were allowed but I was spammer. Surprise, no reply.

<<Hi foodieX2,

We have asked you to please stop spamming our site. We understand that you are upset about the new design, but abusing our platform is not the answer. If we see any further posts along these lines, your account will be suspended.

Marcela>>

My response:

<<Ok I have to ask again how I am “spamming” this site when answering a point blanks question yet plenty of folks can now talk about those sites freely because they were mentioned in the Boston Globe article. How does mine equal spamming but the others not?>>

1 Like

Federal Trade Commission?

1 Like