Banned from Chowhound?

Are you volunteering to host Cookware and Greater Seattle / Pacific Northwest?

who do you believe to be a decent person?

not the Nurse Ratched of Chowhound?

1 Like

After a couple of off-board emails back and forth, yes, I think she’s a decent person with an unforgivably shitty job. Even if I didn’t agree with why I got a couple of the comments I got, she at least communicated with me as though I were a sentient adult (as opposed to another mod, who still has it in for me, and still delights in scolding me as though I were a three-year-old for every imagineable infraction)

1 Like

I was suspended after letting the Mods know their rules appear to be flawed, and I could become active on the condition that I abide by their rules. I’m not sure why they think I would want to abide by their rules if the reason I have been suspended is that I was letting them know their rules are unfair and their approach to moderation is heavy-handed and effectively takes the discussion out of a discussion board.

While I had a number of posts and replies removed over the years, I had never been suspended until this recent suspension.

3 Likes

i had the complete opposite experience with her.

linus

Ah - the “banned” threat has come back.

Unlike most of the people here, I actually like the multiple tagging. For example, if we are talking about the Grocery Outlet in Sunnyvale, it should be tagged “Chains”, “Bay Area”, and maybe even “South Bay”. What is piss poor is their user interface.

1 Like

As did I.

Perfect. I think this calls for a separate thread: “What CH Did to Me–The Real Story”

Maybe. I’d need to know what time commitment is required, and if moderation is involved, I’m not sure you want a pugilist refereeing spats. Unless someone has razor blades or glass in their gloves, I’d be quite laissez-faire…

1 Like

for what it’s worth, i was treated very poorly by jacquilynne.

No comparison to the new regime. Laurel in particular. Ugh.

2 Likes

Sounds like our kind of moderation.

2 Likes

Peter blocked my account without a warning, before marssy sent a suspension email. Peter was also rude, in comparison to marssy and laurel. I haven’t received any emails from vipgeorges.

Laurel was relatively courteous in the 2 emails I received when she removed replies.

not that I think that it excuses the lousy user interface or the holier-than-thou attitude from the higher-ups…I can feel sorry for her while I still think the whole changeover sucks ten kinds of monkey butt.

2 Likes

Jacq was downright warm and fuzzy compared to when Georges gave me the boot.

1 Like

never had a problem with Jacq, either –

1 Like

Laurel was hell on wheels every single time she chose to communicate with me. Nasty, nasty emails.

1 Like

I’ve broken a few rules and had several posts deleted, but CindyJ still lives on CH. Does anyone want any messages covertly delivered over there?

1 Like

Peter was so rude I figured he had some kind of personality disorder.

1 Like

Depends if you want to join those of us who have been BFLd - banned for life. LOL