Banned from Chowhound?

Wait… do you think they’re actually thinking? What they’re doing is trying to stop the leak in the dam. And not being very successful.

4 Likes

I think you’re right, Gio. From the sounds of it, their banning has escalated. Deletions are instantaneous.

2 Likes

Here’s the fore-mentioned screenshot.

They’re really keeping it classy.

Not only is it suckling pig, but OKTOBERFEST, which will really go over great with the kosher crowd…

3 Likes

Their server needs to undergo cultural sensitivity training.

4 Likes

Of course, there’s also the decision to use a photo of a pizza for the Special Diets board, too. And Site Feedback gets cupcakes .

2 Likes

I saw that post the other day and I couldn’t believe it! I wanted to check today to see the CH team response and I couldn’t find the thread. Deleted, I suppose, because he questioned TPTB.

1 Like

Of course I go on the Kosher board right now and there is an ad for “dijon ham ranch dip”

The fact that they think this ad fits me as a consumer speaks to the level of mindfulness we are dealing with, let alone this ad is on, of all boards, the Kosher board.

2 Likes

so much for targeted marketing to fuckin boot.

1 Like

Just another example of TPTB at CH knowing their audience oh-so-well… (smh)

Not a Dean’s fan either? :joy:

I responded with “Which sentence(s) in the guidelines do you think I’m not following?” but I don’t expect an answer.

Hi Robert Lauriston,

We wanted to inform you about the temporary suspension of your account due to your trolling behavior. We’re willing to give you another chance, but we won’t be able to do so if we don’t see a commitment from you to stop the abusive behavior.

Please think about it and give us an answer on or after October 12th. We will reactivate your account after you agree to abide by the guidelines Foodie - Live a Delicious Life: Kitchen Tips, Culinary History, Restaurant Recs.

Marcela
Chowhound.com

1 Like

She sounds so fucking condescending. Like she’s talking to a naughty 5 year old.

1 Like

Trolling behaving? Hilarious. They condoned bacoman even after I pointed out to them the multiple accounts he created. Their response: there is nothing prohibiting one from closing and opening a new account.

1 Like

It reads to me like a form letter. The language seems more than adequately polite if it were sent to an actual troll.

What I was actually posting before they banned me was pretty dry stuff about technical details of the site redesign.

2 Likes

Yes, the “trolling behavior” comment is a bit much. (I’m just crossing my fingers that bacoman doesn’t show up here with his bluster.)

2 Likes

One huge difference: Ipse is the mod here now.

And historically he’s not a big fan of Bacoman either. Or WilliamBeckett. Or whatever ‘nom de guerre’ he goes by these days.

I actually know the guy (though not well) and spotted him at a food event recently - Believe it or not, he’s not so bad in real life.

Fuck yeah !!!

Nom de Guerre.

Reminds me of the fucking olden, antdeluvian days shooting the shit with a humble young raconteur on the banks of the Mississippi by the name of Twain.

I’ve met several people who seemed like total psychos online who were perfectly normal in real life.

3 Likes

Seriously hard to believe.

3 Likes