Bardot Brasserie - Aria

is this from the guy w/ the note book?

i’ve done it with several of the barmen there. very personable young men.
had a woman once, too, and it was interesting chatting with her about gal barmen in
las vegas.
i don’t know if i’ve ever noticed a notebook. sorry i can’t be more help.

i’ve never even bothered with the other bars in the hotel. well, except upstairs at rose rabbit lie, who
i also think do a really good job. and they make quality drinks at jaleo as well.

btw, getting back to bardot…had an excellent glass of cider there.

Is this Bardot @ Aria?

Yup.

Might have to go check out the lounge and these fries…

Burger not as good as it sounds huh?

I enjoyed my burger. @TonyC didn’t think it was worth the price of admission. I liked the wine reduction and I would order it again. But those fries, most definitely get that and maybe an extra order. Or perhaps go to the lounge/bar and get some escargot and fries and a cocktail. They have half priced cocktails at happy hour everyday 5-7pm.

Perhaps happy hour cocktails and fries? Just a thought.

that sounds really fucking good right now.

Just speaking personally, but if I were in the mood for a burger, I’d probably head over to the Burger Bar in the Mandalay Shops, or perhaps P.U.B. in the Shops at Crystals. I don’t think of “burger” and “brassiere” in the same sentence very often . . .

Fries here are as close to perfection as you can get. The flavor is the most intense mixture of potato, black truffle, and salty and the light crisp of each fry is remarkable. I’ve never NEVER in my life eaten one fry at a time and savored each one but I did that here. Not one rogue mediocre fry in the lot. Not one soggy, short sad fry in the metal cup. You’re paying probably $0.60 per fry here and it’s damn worth it.

I also had a glass of the Chateau De Pez Bordeaux. And let me say that at $32 a glass it was worth every $2 dollar sip. The intoxication from sipping Bordeux, noshing on fries and escargot and the lingering garlic on my tongue as I finish off the red is my new Vegas ritual.

1 Like

I have yet to eat here and not order fries. Here are some pics to drool over.

And the non truffle version

2 Likes

Damn, those fries look outstanding!
Hitting Bardot up next month…can’t wait!
Thanks A5…
:ghost:

1 Like

Bardot fries are indeed among some of the best. Highly recommend brunch here where you can tack on unlimited rose for $30. Also quite possibly the best French onion soup I’ve ever had, and for a mere $4 you can add short rib, a poached egg, and black truffle.

5 Likes

Pastries & dessert lunch

pastry basket

pain aux raisins

pain aux chocolat
Nicely flaky with slightly chewy layers and a good honeycomb structure. I wish it has a bit more chocolate though!

canelé de bordeaux
Very nice crunch from the crust and nice rum flavor with a soft and tender center. Love it!

kouign amann
Layers of soft and elastic goodness even though the flaky outer crust isn’t in prime condition. I suspect that this might be a sourdough base judging from the mild sour flavor.

vanilla mille feuille | caramelized puff pastry, vanilla pastry cream, housemade maraschino cherries
Came here for lunch just for this and it didn’t disappoint! Sweet and savory. Pastry cream is light and puff pastry is quite crispy too! Wish it’s a bit more buttery though.

Le test :+1:

chocolate macaron | dark chocolate cookie, hazelnut & valrhona chocolate mousse, candied orange
Classic flavor pairing of dark chocolate and hazelnut that worked very well.

4 Likes

Beautiful pictures and great report! Are these photos from camera or phone?

Thanks! Camera. I can’t take great pics like Porkybelly does with my phone. The Today Starts Here pictures were taken with my phone though.

Cutting that mille feuille must have been so satisfying.

1 Like

Only if it doesn’t crumble and squeezes out all the pastry cream :poop:

1 Like

we are going here next month. thanks for the detailed pics, looks amazing. lovely photos. curious, what phone took these? (or camera?)

and for the main thread, noted re: the fries! Looking forward to checking this place out. We have reservations for dinner. will have to try brunch too at some point based on the info in this thread.

1 Like

Welcome to FTC! I used a camera for those pictures…Panasonic GX9.

For pastries, definitely hit up Dominique Ansel at Caesar’s in the morning when their pastries are still relatively fresh.

2 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

1 Like