Batali's Officially a Goner

3 Likes

He had as much to do with my love of cooking as anyone. I have most of his cookbooks and ate at Babbo twice. But I loathe him now. As Mother used to say “good riddance to bad rubbish.”

3 Likes

Charismatic on TV indeed…

1 Like

I never saw “The Chew” or whatever it’s called but Molto Mario was must-watch tv for us.

1 Like

Not incredibly surprising since the company doesn’t want the stain of being associated with him or allowing him to profit from their ventures. The separation agreement took a lot longer to settle than I thought it would, but I suppose are are issues that were more complicated to work out.

1 Like

I had the same thought. I was like ‘wow, that hasn’t long since been done?’

Perhaps Batali might’ve thought that people will forget about it after a while. After all, isn’t that what our leader does?

2 Likes

Not my leader.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/941833936870686720/photo/1

6 Likes

That headline’s not quite true. As Eater’s report noted, he still has stakes in The Spotted Pig and Eataly.

Not as bad as Louis CK but fucking clueless.

Louis CK asked for consent before engaging in his kink, not realizing that his position of power in the comedy business was still coercive. And when he got called on it and realized his mistake, his response was, “These stories are true.”

The allegations against Batali are way worse.

What’s worse? The cinnamon roll or Kevin Spacey’s awkward “Let me be Frank” video?

PS: You have to have watched House of Cards to fully understand video

I meant Batali’s clueless cinnamon roll “thing” not his crime.

Oh, and Louis CK’s clueless return to comedy act where he mocked Parkland children and other shit.

1 Like

People who are offended by tasteless jokes should stick to family-friendly comedians like Bill Cosby.

Great example - Cosby.

There’s tasteless and there’s totally wrong. (Started to say “inappropriate” but, no, wrong.)

If it’s not totally wrong, it’s not all that tasteless.

It was a couple of weeks after 9/11. There was a weird feeling in New York. People were walking around in a daze. I was at the roast of Hugh Hefner, and I just wanted to be the first person to make a really-poor-taste joke about September 11. It was impromptu; I don’t remember thinking about it beforehand. I said, “I have to leave early tonight, I have a flight to California. I can’t get a direct flight — they said I have to stop at the Empire State Building first.”
… with the internet, it makes me feel sentimental about old-time angry mobs. In a mob you actually had to throw on your jacket, go outside, use your hands. Now you can join a mob sitting on your couch in your underwear. I feel like people who get outraged like that are patting themselves on the back. “You see, I was offended.”

Sir, that is your opinion which you’re certainly entitled to. I vehemently disagree with you which is my right. Also I put my money where my mouth is. I don’t have a long list of businesses I refuse to support but I do have that list. Bastianich was on it and now not. Go in peace.

1 Like

Curious - have you heard about the accusations against this family? I recall reports of the Bastianich family having their issues as well. I’m not one who normally chases scandal sheets but at the same time, one has to wonder: do birds of a feather… I get the creeps from the son and can’t watch the matriarch’s shows anymore.

2 Likes