Bayou Holiday

Clancy’s - it just never disappoints me. Such excellent service, setting, booze and food.
I had the pork loin shown on @TheCookie 's post Help with big dinner in NOLA! - #91 by TheCookie - Louisiana - Food Talk Central. Gumbos were amazing too.

Seaworthy - an excellent new CBD (Central Business District) district place http://www.seaworthynola.com/
Smallish places, excellent oysters, clams, ceviches etc. This whole fish was excellent, but I do not recall the name of it

Shaya - cannot say enough great things about Shaya, so I won’t. Had a wonderful lunch there. Heavenly. No pics. No more description. Just go, if you can.

My best meal in NOLA this Holiday was, a bit strangely, in Baton Rouge. At the Galatoire’s outpost there. Fantastic gumbo, duck crepe and the most fantastic Gulf Fish Special:
Speckled Trout [Gulf Fish Meunière Amandine 25 - Crispy fried Gulf fish with toasted almonds and meunière sauce]

The poboys - Roast Beef and Firecracker Shrimp at Parasol Bar in Irish Channel where also things of utter beauty.
Both

Roast Beef

Firecracker Shrimp

Last one - Double Soft Shell Crab PoBoy at Galvez Seafood. Don’t miss it if you are out that way.
40306 LA-42, Prairieville, LA 70769

3 Likes

Awww… thanks. Your dining, music recs and more made it the full experience for us. You have a knack for putting things in a cohesive way. You could be a pro haha. We had a blast at Rock n’ Bowl. Someplace we never would have gone. But seriously, if it weren’t for you @Xochitl and @Jason we might have ended up in a touristy Bourbon St. nightmare. Not that it isn’t fun… but in small doses.

I’m kind of amazed at how much you were able to fit into your own trip. Yum on the po’ boys btw. Seaworthy looks sweet. Not surprised about Galatoire’s in BR being wonderful. They really seem to have the restaurant business down. I received at least 3 emails from the Bourbon St. location apologizing for not being able to accommodate us. Now that’s service. We will definitely go next time.

On our next trip we’ll do more exploring. We’ll try places that aren’t necessarily Creole, like Shaya and new places like Toups and Cochon.

Our only misstep was not booking more places ahead of time. I figured we could do it when we arrived. But a lot places were booked or closed Sunday/Monday.

Anyway, great time!

P.S. Thanks for suggesting this!

We’re already talking about our next trip.

1 Like