Best Bites LA

I was at Quintonil on my first trip to CDMX and it just left me scratching my head. Just wasn’t my thing. At Hidalguense, I had the barbacoa and an order of queso asado. Was may more than enough food!

When was that, out of curiosity?

Not sure if Quintonil improved recently but it jumped ahead of Pujol in the San Pellegrino List and to me, was far beyond all of the other high end places in CDMX.

But I guess my tastes lean rather odd.

I miss CDMX.

Wow, what a year of eating!

2 Likes

Agree w/ the foie gras chawanmushi. Just had it on Tues. Borders on life changing. It is simply PERFECT.

4 Likes

Try it with udon next time.

1 Like

Lost the thread - which chawan mushi are you referring to?

I’m guessing raku’s

@PorkyBelly, correct. @CiaoBob: sorry, in my delirium from staying up past my bedtime yesterday and having way too much food way too late at night, I forgot to specify (just doing a search in the thread to see if it had been mentioned b/f, forgetting that there have been 180+ responses!).

@ns1: you can udon w/ the foie gras infused elixir???

Sorry I meant soba =X

4 Likes

It’s listed as udon on the menu

Tastes like soba to me. But I know nothing.

I like what I like. :slight_smile:

(But the Petite Trois omelet is still my #1 best bite of 2016, by a landslide.)

6 Likes

#Bestia
Roasted Marrow Bone - spinach gnocchetti. crispy breadcrumbs. aged balsamic.
I found this humerus

12 Likes

#Honeybird

Phil Lee O Fish - Crispy Whitefish, Lemon Dill Aioli, Homemade Pickles, Tomato, Cabbage
Thanks again @Chowseeker1999, great fucking sandwich #jesusfish

7 Likes

So good! :slight_smile: Love that Fish Sandwich.

#Holbox

I’m on a sea urchin diet, i see urchin and i fucking eat it.

Uni and opah ceviche tostada - santa barbara uni, hawaiian opah, onion, cilantro, tomato, salsa roja, avocado

Uni and yellowtail ceviche tostada - santa barbara uni, yellowtail, onion, cilantro, tomato, salsa roja, avocado

cocktel mixto - shrimp, octopus, oyster, avocado, house made sauce, onion, cilantro, lime

Cocktel de camaron - shrimp, avocado, house made sauce, onion, cilantro, lime

7 Likes

Uni report? Lots of curious kinky eaters wanna know.

Where is this and did you eat it recently? Because I really want to try some PorkyBelly approved Uni!

1 Like

It’s inside the Mercado La Paloma at 3655 S Grand Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90007.

The times i went in the past month, the uni and cocktels were fantastic, porkybelly approved.

3 Likes

Checked-out your report :heart_eyes:!

1 Like