Best Bites LA

[quote=“PorkyBelly, post:120, topic:3413”]
game hen, pan drippings, grilled bread, lemon, herbs. This looks so fucking simple but was so moist, tender and flavorful. Perfect.
[/quote]That is so up my alley.

I think you would love it.

1 Like

speaking of Hatchet Hall where did @Aesthete disappear too?

@PorkyBelly when were you at the Hall?

i was there saturday on the patio.

Beautiful pictures, DUDE.

3 Likes

I was there Saturday too with my family, just inside the entrance. Had another fantastic meal. Did you have the rabbit cordon bleu?

i was eyeing that but got the game hen instead. how was the rabbit?

Wish I had taken a photo, I would have posted it specifically for this thread. Probably the best version of the dish I’ve ever eaten.

1 Like

thanks, i’ll have to try that next time.

#Sushi Tanaka
I keep eating these spiny bastards but they keep showing up #gottaeatemall

scallop, uni, caviar, truffle

yakitoro - seared toro and uni

6 Likes

I’m going with my humble potatos i made on campfire… cooked down a lot of bacon for the grease… and then these guys caramelized in the fat for at least an hour on low. heavenly mesquite and bacony. always gold potato

12 Likes

Biscuits and gravy w fried chicken at Republique

So many different flavors and textures, a really complex yet satisfying version of biscuits and gravy. Texturally, the crunch from the grilled? biscuit to the lightness of the fried chicken batter to the crispy edges of the fried egg are all contrasted with the gooeyness from the egg yolk and gravy. Pop open the yolk and let it run down and into the bacon and sausage gravy, which is utterly enveloped with applewood smoke from what I assume is from a really smokey bacon. And last but not least, the pickled Fresno chiles adds a slight heat but vastly needed acidity to bring some sort of balance to an utter gut bomb of a dish. The finesse of the plating and placement of each ingredient made perfect sense. Could not cook a fried egg any more perfect.

9 Likes

Hi @A5KOBE,

Nice! Looks like a new menu item was added, and glad to hear it’s delicious. :slight_smile: Thanks for the pics and words.

1 Like

Shanghai Restaurant

Wood Ear Mushrooms in Vinegar with Chilis

A seemingly simple cold dish, something about the version at Shanghai Restaurant in San Gabriel is on another level. There’s a complexity of flavor here you just don’t taste everyday. My dining companion and I were both blown away by how excellent this seemingly ordinary dish turned out to be.

4 Likes

Another vote for sushi tsujita

kaisendon platinum - tuna, salmon, sea bream, unagi, scallop, shrimp, kanpachi, toro, uni, ikura, and tamago #gottaeatemall #omakaseinabowl

5 Likes

I wouldn’t even know where to begin. I would probably stare at it for a while, sighing happily.

3 Likes

Montadito de Costilla at Pueblo. Short rib two ways (rare on top with braised underneath) with mustard seed on toast. One of our dining companions on Saturday night is a well-done-only, hamburger-and-steak kinda gal. She loved this so much we had to order it twice. Such a great bite. (Photo courtesy of Yelp)

4 Likes

that looks amazing

It is. I always rave about their foie torchon, which is sublime, but this is so good.