Best in Thai Town / Little Armenia

Ruen Pair for thai
Desanos pizza is also not far

No. The winner is pretty clear.

1 Like

Is love2eat thai really in Thai Town/ Little Armenia??? Personally I would say no if you are looking for food in that area specifically.

2 Likes

Pa Ord for boat noodles.

Also might want to check out Spicy BBQ:

1 Like

Definitely give Pailin a shot. If you go to Luv2Eat, make sure you try their mussam curry.

If you want something fun for nightlife, checking out live music and buying a bottle of Johnny Walker at Darabar can be quite a trip.

1 Like

Luv2Eat’s great, I’ve been there three times. In fact I chose the place I stayed when I was down last because it was a few blocks away.

But it’s way west of what I think is Thai Town. This trip I’m staying close to Jitlada so I can develop an informed opinion about how it compares with Luv2Eat and try some of the other places I haven’t yet.

Oh yeah, that’s a must for me.

Siam Sunset for Thai-Chinese breakfast, or for lunch/dinner you can thai style Hainan chicken or pork leg rice. Get a side of oyster crepe.

Sapp Coffeshop. The boat noodles are a must!

Pa Ord. Tom yum noodles are the speciality.

Ruen Pair. Papaya salad, morning glory, and salty turnip omelette are some of the favorites here.

Pailin Thai. The Khao Soi!

Yai’s. Seafood curry pouch. And a side of rice.

Bhan Kanom Thai. Desserts. If you want fresh hot coconut cakes go to Wat Thai Temple or Mae Tings at LAX-C both weekends only

Sanamlung. Any of the stir fry noodles.

Papillion Bakery. Get the ponchiks. Nutella is popular but they have a lot of different fillings.

Toron Bakery. Lahmajune for $1.

Drink crawl…Jumbos Clown Room and Harvard and Stone.

Go a little more east to Los Feliz and go see Marty and Elayne at The Dresden and order a Blood and Sand cocktail and go see a movie at the Vista but first hit up Ricky’s Fish Tacos

And I always wanted to do Darabar like Monkey suggested. Heard the food is solid too.

Too bad no more Thai Elvis =(

3 Likes

Do a Zankou-Ro Ro’s-Al Wazir comparison.

Also in the Hollywood area you can hit up Mashti Malone’s for ice cream.

And I love Bigfoot Lodge over in Atwater!

2 Likes

For the love of god, how could I have forgotten that…:pensive:

no it’s not. :slight_smile:

Van Bakery and Bhan Kanom for the sweets

Arax falafel, Spicy BBQ Thai, the kabob joint next to Karabagh, Pailin, Sapp, Ruen Pair, Siam Sunset, Sanamluang, Sunset Pa Ord on rotation

Sanamluang is fairly solid, and has one big plus over Sapp. They are open ridiculously late.

Sapp’s better, hands down, but open is better than closed.

holy shit yes, do this. don’t do the oreo though, stick to Nutella. They make them fresh to order.

It’s better for large bowls of light broth soup noodles… you know… for hangovers.

Regarding ponchiki… there’s no way this self respecting Soviet would order anything other than custard filled… (though yea, nutella are dope) but it felt like I was sinning on the motherland when I ate it.

Also, their ponchiks are ONLY good fresh… they go mad stale and chewy real fast

1 Like

100% true, eat it there or don’t bother.

We got a few for my kid’s birthday once… shit show lol. good thing the cake was great (from Lark)

Hi @Nemroz,

Ooh, nice tip. Is Papillion Bakery your fav for ponchiki? Thanks!

1 Like