Best Italian near Studio City?

Looking for a place to take my mother for a belated birthday dinner, just two of us. Alcohol not a serious consideration. 20 min drive max, south better than north. Quiet is good.

Thanks!

Little further east…really at Universal. But I really like Ca del Sol. Lovely setting. Nice and quiet. Easy valet parking. Good food and service.

1 Like

I’ll give a sideways thumb for Casa Del Sol. Lovely setting, however I thought the food was above average but not great.

That being said, unfortunately, I’ve yet to find any Italian in Studio City or Sherman Oaks that is anything all that special. (There was a short-lived but terrific spot on Cahuenga that closed a couple years ago called Ombra.)

2 Likes

Spumante

[quote=“Helper_Monkey, post:3, topic:4100”]
I’ll give a sideways thumb for Casa Del Sol. Lovely setting, however I thought the food was above average but not great.
[/quote]True… Lovely setting for mum. Make sure to specify patio. But I think you mean Ca Del Sole

We’ve eaten there before a few times… agree that the setting is good, however, food did not impress me (a few years ago, admittedly, wasn’t paying as much attention as I am now). Still, I’ll keep it mind if there’s nothing else.

@boogiebaby’s suggestion Spumante gets pretty good reviews.

1 Like

The Eclectic Cafe, http://theeclectic.com/, should fit the bill. We like it better than Spumante, although that is nice as well. The Eclectic is very pretty, and if you go early it shouldn’t be too loud. They have a patio, but its on Lankershim so the traffic noise is bad. Its not classic Italian, but their pastas, pizzas, and risottos are quite good.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a pizza suggestion near Sherman Oaks?

MiDiCi (which is actually IN Sherman Oaks).

2 Likes

Looking at it right now. :wink: Thanks!

depends what kind of pizza you’re looking for.

1 Like

Any kind if it’s good.

I haven’t tried it myself, but Barone’s in Valley Glen has a good reputation. Its takeout or delivery only but Padrino’s, http://www.padrinospizza.co/, has pretty good Detroit style pan pizza. Good luck!

1 Like

Mullberry’s of course