Best Mexican restaurant in Los Angeles

Ipse l love Ray Garcia’s cooking and he is no doubt a great chef, but I still dont think im wrong. And . . . Bizzara and Tacos maria aren’t even close.

What about Bracero do you think makes it worth going to? At the same time, what does it offer that these LA spots don’t?

Keep in mind that the depth and breadth of Mexican Cuisine is such that it’s hard for one, two, even 10 restaurants to really represent all it has to offer, even at the high end. Plus, L.A. doesn’t have a good representation of Baja Med, which is the roots of Bracero. Also, I am intrigued by the Caja China cooking. I adore this type of cooking as it’s remincient, but retains more nuanced flavors than my beloved Pib or Hoyo.

Plus, I have a weakness for Javier’s fideo tacos. He does them right.

–Dommy!

So the second best restaurant in LA is “not even close” to this place?

I haven’t had much Mexican food in the San Diego area but remember being impressed by El Agave a few years ago. Can any of you put it in perspective with the quality of the places being discussed here?

Lol I thought that person was saying the type of food was different. If they are suggesting that Bracero is way superior to Taco Maria, I don’t even know what to say. Especially given that most people find TM to be superior to Broken Spanish…

Where did anyone say Bracero was BETTER than TM? genuinely curious… I seems to me people who like it are saying a) it’s worth going out of your way to check out and b) That the food itself is different style of Mexican than what you find in LA.

I’ve never been to either lol but I do enjoy watching these side threads spin and spin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Few posts up?

Aaah, missed that post! Now I am curious what he ate at TM…

I’m more curious what he ate at Bracero hah

ANAYA Again and again.

Confession: I’ve never actually ordered chilaquiles before. So i went for their Asada Chilaquiles and it was the best I’ve ever had. Despite being the first lol. Ridiculous amount of flavor. Non greasy chips, charred asada. Will chila again soon

6 Likes

From where?

Anaya.

Love the chilaquiles there.
Sorry - just saw the CAPS for ANAYA!

R[quote=“Nemroz, post:112, topic:2585”]
So i went for their Asada Chilaquiles and it was the best I’ve ever had. Despite being the first lol
[/quote]

At some point, maybe after I’ve had a few margaritas, you can explain to me just how that works. :wink:

1 Like

Had this exact dish the other day. Was amazing. Anyone ever had anything on the specials menu at Anaya? Worth doing?

Apparently the ribs are amazing. I’ve had the corn chowder and it’s also the best I’ve had lol. It’s like they infuse flavor into every ingredient first. Crazy guys. I asked the owner yesterday if they’re adopting lol

I’m not gonna say best, but Salsa & Beer has some excellent mexican american style food at ridiculously crazy prices. Extremely high QPR - NoHo location is pretty much a 1 hour wait all the time, Van Nuys only marginally less.

2 Likes

I would ignore those… I had the barbacoa off the specials menu, and it was the first time I ate something I didn’t like at Anaya. Not sure what’s up there. Was super disappointed by it. Thankfully the rice, beans, and tortillas on their own are so good it didn’t matter that much though.

ns, did i read on this or some other place the noho salsa and beer is somehow related
to sol y luna in the west valley? because given your recommendation, that would…be interesting.