Best pierogis in LA?

Any ideas? Is the only place you can even get them at Warszawa?

I think the only other Polish restaurant is Polka Polish in Glassell Park.

polka

polka

polka

and then do the fucking twist.

nuff saiud==d

next fucking question.

They’re closed though =(

http://www.yelp.com/biz/polka-polish-restaurant-los-angeles

1 Like

Apparently closed? =(

http://www.yelp.com/biz/polka-polish-restaurant-los-angeles

oh, well, shit happens.

From their Facebook page:

Good News!!! Polka will be opening soon!!We hope it will be first week of December… Check back soon for exact opening date, we will announce that at least 1 week before opening.

3 Likes

Are they that much better than Warszawa?

Apparently there is another Polka in Tustin:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/polka-deli-orange

Anyone been there? They look like they got maybe some down-home periogis there…

Fuck I’m really craving some. The only god damned thing the bastards in NYC seem to have beyond us are their periogis…

and fucking Frenchy restaurants,

old school red sauce italian.

ny style pizza

bagels

appetizing shit.

and kung pao pastrami.

and certain segments of Chinese cuisine like the Uighurs grub. of which we ain’t gots in fucking LA.

1 Like

Kung pao pastrami originated on the West Coast lol

Bagels at Wexler’s better than anything I’ve had in NYC.

Plenty of little places that do old-school red sauce as good as the crappy places in NYC. I guess Carbone is pretty fuckin good though. They just opened one in Vegas! lmao

Polka Deli is not a restaurant and I believe all the periogis are frozen. They are from Alexandra Foods, which was down the street from me when I lived in the Polish section of Chicago, so they are good but not homemade.

Thanks for saving me that trip.

Looks like I’ll have to head to Warszawa. Unless people report that they are actually just horrible there?

not really but i fucking digress.

LA has great deli’s.

<snicker>

<snort>

<giggle>

hahahahahahahahahahaha

i can’t even type that with a straight face.

1 Like

there used to be a lady who sold them at the farmers market in altadena with grilled onions and sour cream…

you’re probably better off looking for varenkykys or pelmeni which are the ukrainian and russian equivalents, usually also served with sour cream.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

These are the pierogis at Warszawa Santa Monica….A little bit dry for me.

sokolowski’s!!!

there was a place on snow road in parma that offered a plate of pierogi’s with grilled onions and sour cream for $1.25 for lunch on fridays.

and at the polish catholic churches you could get them for lunch (meatless fridays). not sure if that’s true now.

EDIT: my most recent meal at sokolowski’s went back for my dad’s 90th b-day back in 2013.

2 Likes

Yep Weinermobile & Secretasianman -

I have a hard time with the perigees here in LA. Just not the ones I was used to.

But agree, I need to check out the frozen armenian dumplings - they look like they have a lot of potential and, are easily available.

1 Like

Like the khinpakali dumpling joint by way of Georgia in fucking Glendale ???

Hmmmm. You might just be onto somyhing

And that ain’t no fucking joke.