Best Pizza by the Slice?

oh yeah, open less than a month but theres a great new purveyor of slices in town, though a bit off the beaten path…Nancy Silverton & Matt Molina are collaborating in a Roman style pizzeria in Highland Park…Triple Beam Pizza and for those not familiar, Roman style is sold “al taglio,“by the cut …you order in inches and they cut it with scissors from a pan made long pizza…it was great…not a lot of choices but plenty for me…sausage w/fennel pollen; Margherita; potato pizza; nettles pizza; and a salame…4” is roughly equivalent to a NY slice…I had 2 4” cuts of sausage…it was delish…crust tatted like Mozza, bread but thinner…no excessive cornicione as is typical at Mozza…cheese, etc comes right up to the edge…I added a salame slice which was wonderful…I think they had picnic tables out back and 3 rows of counters to eat at facing an open kitchen…Molina was there, working’ hard getting the pies out…I loved it…there was one slightly hard edge of crust…but otherwise impeccable…

11 Likes

Wow, am I the only person who has been to Triple Beam Pizza and loved it? gotta get back there soon, Im salivating…it is a schlep but well worth it!

3 Likes

It’s on the list, but I haven’t had an opportunity to try it.
Last time I was out that general direction I opted for Pine and Crane. I’m very excited to see this particular type of pizza in elay.

1 Like

I had the sausage on Saturday and it was really excellent. This weekend planning to try Il Romanista in El Segundo–for science.

4 Likes

I just went this past Sunday, loved it and can’t wait to go back.

1 Like

We went on Valentine’sDay and really liked it. Here’s my thoughts…

We got the mushroom (truffle), the margherita and the sausage. They did not have the potato while we were there. Really enjoyed them all, my fav was actually the margherita. Is simple but perfectly done.

1 Like

Ah, glad to hear we share opinion on the pizza!

1 Like

keep us posted,Haeldaur! im curious about Il Romanista too!

I think you’ll love it, frommtron!

2 Likes

Bit of bad news. Slicetruck is no more. They couldn’t make the expansion work financially, so they’ve closed up shop and are trying to sublease the space(s).

That makes me sad. Only visited their west la location once after they moved away from sawtelle. Always loved their pizza.

1 Like

I went today and it was excellent.

For me this stole the show:

This is the asparagus with fontina, mozzarella and ricotta, and a touch of chili flake. The crust was crispy, tad crunchy, but nice and chewy.

imageimage

9 Likes

What did your plate of pizza cost for the 2 pepperoni slices and the 2 asparagus, fontina and mozz slices?

There were actually 4 slices of pepperoni and 3 of the asparagus for $22.00 including the tax.

Damn it, Gr8pimpin! now because of your review and mouth watering photos, I need to go back to Triple BeamPizza…was there much of a line? what time were you there?

2 Likes

I know, now that I’m seeing this post again and the photos, I’m salivating LOL!!

Mr. Maven, We were there Sunday just before 2pm. No line. One couple in front of us being served, only 1/2 the tables out back were filled. Though shortly after I ordered 5-6 people showed up.

Go to Galcos first and get a few old-time sodas to take with you!

2 Likes

thats good…it wasn’t crowded either…I went around 2:30 on a Wednesday…good reminder about Galco…gotta stop in there!

1 Like

I would characterize it as steady traffic. Which I would think for their business that especially would be good. Can’t wait to go back.

1 Like

yep! with definite periods of big crowds…rent can’t be too bad in
Lincoln heights compared to…

1 Like