Best Pizza by the Slice?

Go check out Superfine Pizza.

2 Likes

You’re missing something essential.

Eager to hear your slice recommendation.

If there’s something better, I must know :slight_smile: now!

Not a slice joint but people really need to go to Fahrenheit LA.

2 Likes

i’ve really enjoyed the slices i’ve had at Luchini’s in Hollywood…thought they are much better than prime IMO.

1 Like

Thank you! Added to my list.

I might not even care if the pizza is any good as long as the Loaded Wagyu Chili fries are. Plus I can have a drink.

Well played. Well played, indeed.

1 Like

looks very good in pictures
thanks Matt

1 Like

Superfine looks very promising! Anyone have any undercarriage shots?

1 Like

Where is this place? Is it a truck? They’re website has nothing but “stay notified” and “press inquiry” — no location/menu.

Open 4 hours a day isn’t very attractive either.

Steve Samson’s new slice place:

I was a little skeptical based on the description but the pics looks great. I can’t wait to try it myself.

2 Likes

Thank you! I could not find it even on yelp.

FYI Superfine Pizza is closed today.

(grumble grumble grumble…)

I popped into this place!

Not too bad, pretty light crust!

Which calzone do you like there ?

Got try a zucchini and squash blossom slice fresh out of the oven. Soooo good. The cold and creamy dollops of riccotta were the perfect accompaniment to the steaming hot pizza.

1 Like

At Il Romanista right now, pretty dank

6 Likes

Such an odd location I’m glad I am close by. For Basketball fans there is a Laker’s store across the way towards the practise facility (anyone know if you can walk in and watch)

Pizza Jones, on the outskirts of DTLA in Boyle Heights, makes a very good Neapolitan-style pie, as well as a deep-dish pizza (that I did not try).

My litmus test for pizzerias is the Margherita and Pizza Jones’ was very good. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being best), this scored a solid 7. Good crust, could’ve been better with a bit more char, but had good chew and body. San Marzano tomatoes was a nice touch.

Pizza Jones
Located behind Weird Wave Coffee on Caesar Chazez and Soto in Boyle Heights

1 Like

Does the drive and waiting time come into factor . Could it raise it a point ?

No. I just Uber/Lyft.

1 Like

So does the car hire cost a ton more than the slice of pizza???