Bestia - Arts District

lobster crostino, squid ink aioli, pickled chilies, opal basil, citrus
excellent, so fresh and light.
bestia_20180713_172037

calamari alla plancha, cherry tomatoes, shiitake mushrooms, marjoram, basil, capers, agretti
fantastic grilled and tender calamari, loved how the shittake mushrooms matched the texture of the calamari perfectly, brilliant.
bestia_20180715_132945

cherries & tomatoes, burrata, tarragon, trout roe, black sesame seeds
another brilliant pairing of super sweet cherries with flavorful cherry tomatoes. great balance of sweet, salt, creamy and nutty flavors. perfect for this summer of oppression. @Bookwich or @TheCookie please make this and the calamari, i can be over around 6.
bestia_20180715_133104

roasted marrow bone, spinach gnocchetti, crispy breadcrumbs, aged balsamic
fatty, crunchy, chewy, another perfectly balanced dish
bestia_20180715_133327

slow roasted lamb neck, smoked anchovy creme fraiche sauce, little gem lettuce, soft herbs
the meat was nicely cooked with a crispy crust, but was the least exciting dish of the night.
bestia_20180715_133508

bestia_20180713_180048

peaches & cream, sweet cream ice cream, cinnamon pecan macaron, roasted peach caramel, clotted cream
love this fruit salad
bestia_20180715_134012

3 Likes

Will do… can you live without the tarragon?

1 Like

I could eat these pictures!

2 Likes

cherries & tomatoes, burrata, tarragon, trout roe, black sesame seeds
another brilliant pairing of super sweet cherries with flavorful cherry tomatoes. great balance of sweet, salt, creamy and nutty flavors. perfect for this summer of oppression. @Bookwich or @TheCookie please make this and the calamari, i can be over around 6.

That is so funny because I literally have everything to make that salad but the trout roe. Guess you
will have to stop at the market on your way over. :slight_smile:

@TheCookie. I call dibs on the salad. You’re in charge of the calamari. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Please ignore.

3 Likes

Reservations are open for Friday November 23rd - the day after Thanksgiving. I booked for 4 top and had a choice of any time from 6pm to 8pm. Just looked again right now at 2:35pm and they had plenty of 4 tops and 6 tops open in prime time hours.

Hurry up and book before they’re gone.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. Just grabbed a 7:30.

1 Like

Bestia is still king of cal Italian. Had another amazing dinner last night.

3 Likes

That looks like a very healthy amount of crab. What’s the last dish?

Bought the Bestia cookbook on Amazon last week, looking forward to seeing if I can replicate any of the dishes even remotely close. Often these restaurant cookbooks have recipes that aren’t home friendly due to the number of ingredients or amount of effort required.

2 Likes

Its actually quite good. Check out my post in the Spinach Gnocchetti thread in Home Cooking. As I mention there my only problem was with timing as my stove doesn’t put out the heat a restaurant range does.

1 Like

Not sure what it was called, but it had pancetta. That’s all I remember. Was tasty.

Anybody want to act as my gorging proxy tomorrow at 7? Reservation is for 2. FTC gets first dibs.

1 Like

How in the world do you manage to snag 7 pm ressies? Even booking months out, i can usually only get 9pm or later.

1 Like

What i used to do when I went often was after i had dinner, I would talk to the hostess and make my next reservation through her, she would give me the dates they have available for the time that i asked for.

it was usually a month or two ahead.

Generally through phone. They are occasionally released same day via the internet.

Not sure about PB’s method.

Just went. Not exactly a downhill alert, but the Bestia execution is getting a bit stale.

You take @PorkyBelly’s reservation for tomorrow night. :slight_smile: Oh, you’re asking how he did it? He’s @PorkyBelly.

2 Likes

Going this weekend. What are the must haves?

veal tartare crostini is my favorite there

1 Like