Beverly Hills area lunch today

The husband and I are in the Beverly Hills/Cedars-Sinai area today and are in need of a casual place for lunch. All cuisines are welcome. Let’s go $30 per person not including tax, tip, and drinks. We’ve been to Bouchon, Scarpetta, AOC, and Petrossian. No The District for us…can’t do glorified Vietnamese/Chinese food.
Thanks!

Get a really delicious pizza punghe at Cafe Angelino, pair it with a nice Caesar salad (anchoveis on the side?), and a glass of pinot grigio. Dine under their awning al fresco. Power lunch, CSMC-style.

Walking distance from Cedars (actually across the street from District).

Cafe Angelino (just east of the corner of Robertson & 3rd)

1 Like

Lucques perhaps?

If casual, then Nonna’s for Empanadas.

1 Like

That’s a great! We do quick dinners there after his shifts at Cedars.

e baldi

I fucking love that joint. and it’s pretty cheap compared to the expensive joints around town, their tricolore is good to.

but my good to is the pizza margherita.

and their chocolate tarte is dope and the cookie tidbits they give with the check.

If you don’t mind hitting up the same courtyard as Bouchon et al, maybe Paninoteca? Or Wally’s?

1 Like

Not if the OP wants to stay under 30/person before t/t.

scratch fucking e baldi.

is paniantoceca still serving the fried shrimp sandwich, er I mean fried prawns, really want to try that fucking shit, but can’t just get ther eon a weekday. ???

There is a sandwich window at Scapetta and you can enjoy them right there in the park or Nate 'N Al’s maybe?

Have you tried the fucking fried prawns sandwich ???

Thanks.

No but I want one right now…

1 Like

me tooo.

will someone please give the details on the fucking FRIED PRAWN SANDWICH ???

THANKS.

3 Likes

Found a photo on Zagat…oh my god “his take on a shrimp po’ boy made with polenta-crusted prawns, pickled cherry pepper aïoli, lettuce, tomato, capers and cured lemons.”

2 Likes

That looks SO good!

1 Like

me fucking likey.

1 Like

The sandwich was delicious for the most part, but the cured lemons were… weird.

Wally’s is your Huckleberry.

Meatball is the one to get there.