Bludso's La Brea > Bludso's Compton

I hope you went to management about this – I sure would’ve.

2 Likes

Trudy’s Underground BBQ today. Putting out some pretty fantastic brisket and some tasty pulled pork. His storefront at Crescent and 3rd should be opening in the coming month or so.

As an aside, can’t remember if it has been mentioned on this board, but La Barbecue from Austin is no longer coming to LA. Rumor has it, the city wouldn’t grant a license for the type of smoker they wanted to use, so they’re not coming.

2 Likes

Good intel.
I do recall reading somewhere about LA ordinances being a major impediment to proper BBQ smokers. Makes sense La Barbecue wouldn’t want to work without their rig.

I’m very disappointed to hear that – I was looking forward to trying their brisket.

1 Like

Ah great! I just heard about this guy! No response from him on social media, so I can’t wait until there is a nice store to go to and try some of this mythical stuff! A friend told me he makes better beef ribs than APL for only $75, same size and everything!

1 Like

guess my previous post was in the wrong place yesterday

Any link to that information if you have it?

1 Like

Can I just point out that it’s just fuckin rude of them to charge a $40 delivery charge as well as a standard 18% gratuity for a 2 mile delivery order? Ruuuude. It’s approaching $1,000

They didn’t advise you of this prior to you ordering?

i’m the approver… it’s not ordered yet… i’m pushing back

Ahh that much of an order you should definitely push back that’s super excessive charging a service gratuity for delivery like that.

Or get your intern or the new guy to go pick it up

Hire a task rabbit to pick it up and stiff them out of spite.

18% applies to pick ups. … i’m pretty jaw-dropped… considering my experience the only time we picked up from there for our white elephant, i will not do so again nor openly approve others here to do it. i’ll still eat there though.,

Well, I don’t know if it’s rude (for me, that would be if they didn’t disclose that spontaneously up front) or if it’s just excessive.

However, if your total order is approaching $1000, is it b/c you placed a huge order? Or is $40 simply the standard delivery charge (which does seem excessive to me)?

Wow that’s absurd, as a matter of principal I would never order from a place who tacks on an 18% surcharge for pick ups. I assume its a service charge and I’m not really sure what type of services they are providing other than cooking and pack your food. If they were charging a reasonable percentage for back of the house benefits I would be agreeable to that, but 18% would be a non-starter for me.

18% gratuity for delivery on top of 40$ charge is what’s excessive. don’t take the word ‘rude’ literally

Is the BBQ actually hard to pack, though? I know other posters have mentioned here that sometimes packing stuff to-go is actually hard than plating for dining in-house…

Is this Bludso’s again, who didn’t have your pre-order ready a while back and then gave you attitude, or is it someplace different?