Breakfast Burrito

One other thing to note the ingredient list on the menu doesn’t include the Egg or Hash Brown which is in it. FYI the Burrito has a short shelf life since the hash brown gets limp after a while.

4 Likes

I experienced this today, and he saw that it was goooood. Well, I actually had bacon instead of chorizo per the preference of the nice cashier lady. The salsa/potato combo really was the champ. Plus that damned grill they put on it… touchdown.

4 Likes

+1 for Lilly’s

I just had this! Delicious! I added bacon too. Next time will just do the potato, cheese and salsa (veggie). THose damn doughnuts…WOW!

1 Like

Personal foul. Unnecessary deliciousness. Replay Cofax visit. Bring Bigmouth a breakfast burrito.

3 Likes

Tara Grill in Van Nuys does a great breakfast burrito. If you didn’t know about it, you’d drive right by it, but for those of us who work in the area, it’s a great little place. They only have a handful of items on their menu for lunch, but for breakfast, this is it. Thin sliced potatoes, eggs (or egg whites at no extra charge), and cheese. You can add meat for a little extra.

My usual order: egg white burrito with chorizo – $5.40 with tax. Make sure you get the chipotle sauce, and if you really like heat, ask for the green sauce.

3 Likes

That BigBaliTruck website has expired.

How do you manage to keep the other half staying edible and not gummy and cold?

I don’t - I’m a heathen in FTC eyes. Most likely nuke it. But if I have time, a stovetop and a good pan…

1 Like

A friend picked up some breakfast burritos from Lucky Boy in Pasadena for us. It was easily the biggest and fattest breakfast burrito I’ve ever seen, and when you unwrapped it, you understood why. It was loaded with bacon, 3 non-cased sausage links, avocado, potatoes, scrambled eggs, and cheese. With the salsa, it was was surprisingly good. I was surprised to see so much bacon, sausage, and avocado inside.

9 Likes

George’s burgers on Lincoln near Rose in Venice makes some mean breakfast burritos. Homemade salsa also tight. Will fill yer belly for $6-$7 … be sure to ask for it toasted, so good! Option B in the area --for smaller one yet only $5.50 with everything including ham, bacon and I think chorizo-- goes to food truck religiously parked across street from MCDs on Lincoln Near Ocean Park.

2 Likes

Lucky boy is insane it’s almost enough for two meals and a snack…

4 Likes

My oldest (who eats more than me and my husband in one shot) thought he could handle it…slowed down after one half. Lucky Boy 1, Kid 0

5 Likes

I’ve been known to go to Del Taco and stuff their $1.19 bacon/cheese roller with $0.89 tater tots. Add 7 packets of inferno and you got yourself a decent (albeit super salty) breakfast burrito for < $2.50.

5 Likes

Pretty good carne asada breakfast burrito (bacon, eggs, hash browns, cheese, salsa) at Lomita’s Best in Lomita. Just ask for some extra salsa to dip it in.

3 Likes

I love George’s as well. The chorizo is my favorite. I actually prefer it to Lucky Boy’s which I find has too much potato

does anyone know what the deal with tacos villa corona is? looks like they’ve been closed for several weeks if not months…

b-rooo, you dont get the tater tots when the hashbrown sticks are available

2018 Breakfast Burrito Goals:

Chori-Man. Have not been to their shop in San Pedro, but I have tasted their green and red chorizo, and I thought it was the best damn chorizo I ever had.

Hungry Fox. North Hollywood diner with Thai owners making Thai sausages in all of your favorite breakfast items. Thai Sausage Breakfast Burrito, hell yes

Nate’s Korner. Probably the best in OC.

Speaking of OC BB’s, Ham-N-Scram in Westminster makes a really good one, ran by very nice Father-Son duo. I thought Nicks down by Seal Beach also makes a solid BB.

Still love the potatoes in that Cofax BB

1 Like

TVC - Finally went there last week.

And yes, wow the wait was about 20 - 30 minutes for our order.

But?

Awesome. I got the fresh spinach, potato, egg and cheese B-fast burrito.

Really really tasty and here’s the surprise - light as well. Not oily or heavy yet very flavorful.

Next time? May order the burrito and then order a coffee nearby. And then relax, sipping the coffee as I wait for my burrito…