Breakfast Burrito

Agreed, though the last time I was in, the hash browns were a little too done for my taste. I love that they use fried eggs. Protip: ask for an extra egg.

1 Like

The bacon breakfast burrito at erewohn is really good and only 9 bucks I get it a lot

The best burrito currently, in my opinion, is at Wake & Late.

1 Like

This ish looks delish.

1 Like

I loved the Rico Suave breakfast burrito from the Rooster Truck and had no idea the chef was partnering with Wake & Late. Thanks for the tip.

The best part of Rouha’s burritos is that she crisps up the tortilla, so that the entire thing has added textural complexity.

Good good stuff.

If any of ye dare venture beyond the Orange Curtain…

Nick’s Deli II - Los Alamitos - This is the Main St. Seal Beach burrito many of us Los Al kids grew up on, closer to the 605 for those incoming that way. It uses a pretty sharp cheddar cheese, and the original uses thinly diced potatoes and chorizo with a greasy flour tortilla that’s just perfect. I’ll be shot for this, but: The salsa is wholly unremarkable, just a watery red slurry of vague heat. It strangely works on this burrito since there’s not much texture or mouthfeel outside that soft tortilla and the scrambled eggs.

Imperial Burger II - Stanton/Buena Park - The egg is scrambled just this side of runny (cooked on top of the tortilla, actually) and the flavor is rich. The hash browns are crunchy. Hefty on the grease, so be advised, but just a well-constructed burrito all around with good use of those contrasting textures (soft egg, soft tortilla, crunchy hash brown, crunchy bacon). Their pico de gallo salsa is my favorite for this application; a nice acidity and big chunks of tomato to help cut through all of the grease. For my money, as good as it gets for a standard greasy spoon bacon breakfast burrito.

2 Likes

Went to Lucky Boy and I actually didn’t like it. It was one giant gut bomb…

Frank’s on Fairfax is the only place I really get them but it’s quite rare. They’re good though.

1 Like

Frank’s is a classic

The eaters list. Thoughts
https://la.eater.com/maps/essential-breakfast-burritos-los-angeles

2 Likes

The Chori-Man has his own place in San Pedro now. I’m a fan, fwiw. I like the breakfast burrito with red chorizo (other meat options are green chorizo, Argentinian chorizo, and chipotle braised beef). The tacos are good, too.

The Chori-Man
2309 S Alma St
Los Angeles, CA 90731

2 Likes

Anyone had the “Rico Suave”? I am skeptical of its ingredients, but it seems to be well reviewed.

Once again, according to Eater, no good breakfast burritos can be found in the Valley. It’s pretty amazing that they will include a burrito out in Malibu, but not from Van Nuys, Pacoima, Canoga Park, etc. I think the Eater folks forget that the San Fernando Valley is actually a part of the city of Los Angeles, whereas Pasadena, Santa Monica, Malibu, etc are not.

6 Likes

Also their descriptions are just copied over and over with no updates, which is really lazy and lame.

5 Likes

Based on this list, I’m gonna try the breakfast burrito at Benny’s this weekend. Will report back.

Also, seeing Tacos Por Favor on this list reminds me of one of the saddest moments of my life. I went to the Venice location and ordered a breakfast burrito. But the way I said “breakfast” must have sounded like “spinach,” because I got a spinach burrito instead. That first bite once I got home was rock bottom. Some say I’ve never fully recovered.

4 Likes

I don’t usually offer recommendations, but the breakfast burrito at Fundamental in DTLA is pretty amazing.

1 Like

His green chorizo was really good. Blackboard special when I visited, smoke brisket, was also excellent. Note they only open four days a week. Skip the horchata.

1 Like

If you like bacon (Nuseke’s bacon, to be exact) then the breakfast burrito at All Time is your thing.

@boogiebaby Totally agree. Eater also neglects the area I live/work in on a regular basis. It gets covered so rarely that I’m always pleasantly surprised anything in my area gets mentioned at all. Their recent list for Filipino food didn’t list one location in Artesia at all…I expected to see Crispy House (FKA Magic Wok) to hit the list. It’s so well regarded by so many Filipino folks I know (from different walks of life) who come back to this area for family meals after moving away.

2 Likes