Brewed coffee maker

I own the same exact coffee maker. The guys at Portola said it was the best traditional coffee maker out there that didn’t include drip, pour over, Chemex, etc…

Which coffee maker? We’ve discussed various brands and models here. @richardr didn’t reply to any particular post.

So why don’t I post a non-spammy epilogue to my original post. We ended up with the
OXO On Barista Brain 9 Cup Coffee Maker. It works like a charm. My only complaint is that it can leak sometimes. When you take the carafe off the maker, the coffee sometimes drips out. A few drops here and there. Not a deal breaker for me but it was at first. I contacted OXO and they sent me a new basket. Still a drip here and there. I thought about returning it but then decided I can deal with a drip here and there. I do like the coffee that comes out of the machine. I realized how good it is when we went on a trip and used the coffee machine in the rental cabin. Same coffee tastes pretty different.

Sorry was replying to your old response. They sell this at Portola and while they suggested I invest the time and money into pour over, Chemex, etc… the Portola guys recommended the Bonavita.
http://bonavitaworld.com/products9

In my experience, water can make a difference even when I bring the coffee maker, grinder, filters, and beans I use at home.

That said, coffee made using flat-bottom filters is inferior to just about anything else.

Oh, the flat bottom filters just KILL coffee.

The other interesting thing I read when I was skimming the Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee book was coffee that’s ground in those cheap chamber grinders just ruin coffee. I think I read that you’ll might as well drink Folgers if you don’t grind in a burr grinder.

I used to use a blade chopper and it was better than Folgers, but a burr grinder gives significantly better flavor.

I found that freezing beans has no significant effect so long as they’re room temperature when ground.

I have a Bonivita, it’s the best coffee makers I have had so far by a long way. It is the 1900VTS. I got it after reading a review on this website. http://www.reviewlatest.com/best-coffee-makers/

I use a burr coffee grinder to make sure I get the right consistency for espresso vs latte (my two favorite drinks right now). But I need to get a new one I think, any recommendations?