Brother's Provisions - Rancho Bernardo (works for big groups)

Ended up in the northeastern part of San Diego a couple of weekends ago because the kids advanced in State Cup. We had a group of about 25 parents/families/kids/etc. It was pointless to try a chain with a group this large on a Saturday night. Our hotel recommended Brother’s Provisions about 3 miles away. Menu of pizzas, salads, sandwiches, some main courses, and dessert. It had a marketplace with wines, lots of beers, and glass bottled-soft drinks. You order at the counter, and they bring it out to your table. We basically took over half of their patio area.
It was great. Didn’t have to wait for tables. The variety in menu made even the finickiest of diners happy. The kids enjoyed pizza and salad. I was a fan of the house salad because it included lots of vegetables like candy cane radish and beets. I was not a fan of the mac & cheese because it was creamy, but it didn’t taste like cheese. The dessert counter was good. We get a selection of “Oreo” cookies…get the peanut butter filling (the boys loved it). The vanilla bean cheesecake with blueberry compote topping was great…loved the thick graham cracker crust and the cheesecake was in the New York-style…super rich and cream cheesy with the right hit of vanilla.
The folks who work here were super cool in making sure everyone was happy and comfortable…we were easily the largest group in the house. We loved that we didn’t have a long wait for dinner at 7PM, and the food was pretty good. Is it the best in this genre of food? Probably not, but it was good enough to make everyone in our very large group happy.

1 Like

We like but don’t love Brothers. Pretty good for north inland SD though which tends to be kind of thin for good places.

Congratulations on State Cup, we were out in late January (BU12).

1 Like

Thanks! We’re in the 2003 age bracket, so we had to wait out the high school season before getting in some spring matches prior to State Cup. It was exciting to get deep into the tournament.
I enjoyed the fact Brothers could handle the size of our group without requiring a long wait for tables. Makes for an easy and casual dinner.