Brunch Young Hollywood Style

Catch is arguably tougher to get to from the Valley than Silver Lake. Definitely has more cache though.

Can’t beat that Catch cache

1 Like

Oh really? Did not know that. Thanks.

I just found out it wasn’t my niece who wanted Catch. It was one of my own contemporaries. I just figured it was her… but keep forgetting we’re the generation who refuses to grow old.

Now I hope we get in. :roll_eyes:

Republique is starting to trend on the group text…

Check your fucking bill if you go to catch.

Apparently catch is short for Catch Me If You Can

2 Likes

Hah!

I saw that and meant to go back (but forgot) and read it in full. Thanks!

Did you guys know Republique is order food then sit down, and they don’t accept rez’ on weekends? But of course you did. I’m living under a rock. Of all the stuff I’ve read about the place, nobody has mentioned that!

I’m keeping my mourning veil on for Campanile a little bit longer… but I’ll get there.

Little Next Door?

Always find a manager to make arrangements re the bill.

Okay, so we won’t be going there. My crew is liable to go Goodfellas on someone.

Here’s the latest - our group is getting larger. Apparently, even the great-grands want to get out of the house. We’re leaning toward the The Roof on Wilshire. While not a culinary hotspot (sorry Eric G), the food is doable and economical for a large group. For 10+ ppl we can reserve the rooftop lounge; they have an elevator for the grands. Best part? A spectacular view! Now, if we can only get the grands to stay for sunset.

Hopefully, Paige, the events coordinator (yes, events coordinator) calls or emails us back.

TBC…

Should I change the heading of my thread? :relaxed:

I’ve become a fan of Odys+Penelope for brunch. Super delicious.

3 Likes

Chateau Marmont could be cool…I think they can do bigger parties.

Market Provisions on Beverly has a pretty good brunch w good bottomless mimosa.

Goldies on Third street isnt bad either.

1 Like

Oooh… those are good ones.

Thanks! I want to do a test run first. It inspires such wildly different opinions.

I have a question. What do you think about accessibility for the grands? I love the CM, but just wondering.

Okay, never mind. I was just scolded and told that under no certain terms are any grands unable to walk up a hill. Okay, okay… just checkin’.

[quote=“TheCookie, post:1, topic:5964”]
P.S. Also, feel free to add other young adult or mixed crowd spots in all neighborhoods. This could make good reference for future brunch seekers.
[/quote]I edited my OP.

Too bad it has to be Hollywood

Charcoal has a pretty fun brunch

That’s good though. This is now a brunch thread. We’re accepting all recs. :slight_smile:

Oh cool.

It’s very spacious and quiet. Everyone packs into eh loud and “oddball”/hip Nighthawk next door. Probably also a fun place to go, though if that’s what you want out of brunch.

Charcoal leans more classical, certainly.

Oh also you mentioned previously you think salts cure has too much meat on its brunch menu? Last time I went there was with a vegetarian and she was fine. They have a toasts, salads, veggie dishes, and those magical oatmeal griddlecakes. It’s possible to eat really well without having any meat there I think.

Their new place in their old spot that focuses on new renditions of their griddlecakes might be even better in some sense. That place is called BREAKFAST by Salts Cure I think.

1 Like