Cake or Pie? (Dish of the Month - Voting (November 2015))

Voting starts now.
I’ll tally the votes on November 3.

[Post edited by Moderator: Please submit all votes in ALL CAPS to be counted. Thank you.]

Ginger…no, Mary Ann…

Quantity vs Quality.

Not to influence the outcome, but I am firmly Team Cake.

To be or not to be?

Cake.

Enough said.

When I was in graduate school, one of our usual haunts had a chalk board with the specials and deserts, divided into two columns. One day, upon reading it across I asked “what is ‘cake pie’?”

Even though I think November sort of begins pie season, my vote is for CAKE

No stinkin’ cake. . .PIE!!

Pie/Cake
Ginger/MaryAnn

The answer is the same:

BOTH

I was always loved Thurston Howell the Third with his beloved Lovey. .
Thurston & Lovey ate pie!

Booze? Aperol Spritzer. Only kidding, PIE… tis the season!

Just curious: is Carrot cake a cake or a pie in your humble opinions? My husband insists its a pie and exists between the cake-pie "continum " because it contains s vegetable. I say, he is full of it and it’s a cake, dammit.

Cake, no question.

It’s cake.

Too much flour (with a leavening agent like baking soda), and no crust to speak of.

I used to make carrot cakes and pies for a living, and the two are not the same.

THANK YOU. end of discussion. he is so out of control.

This time of year? PIE

Apple, pear, walnut, pecan, cranberry, green tomato, raisin, mincemeat, pumpkin, sweet potato… and all of their various hybrids and diaspora.

Pie, please. Deep dish berry with vanilla ice cream.

I vote for pecan or pumpkin pie for November. (Already thinking about T-Day in October?)

Hmmm…I guess my vote didn’t count because I didn’t capitalize the word PIE. Now the question is whether this reply will get counted as a vote? (Don’t have a clue as to how to edit my post after the fact, otherwise that’s what I’d do – and capitalize it there.)