Can use a take out rec for somewhere off 101, w of 405

Hot out of the oven sangak from Sangak Express in Valley Marketplace in Reseda.

1 Like

There are also a few places that had good-looking takeout in the same mall and another bakery with pastries.

I just have to ask: where is Samo? And, yes, I Googled :slight_smile:

Tel Aviv Grill, open Sunday.

1 Like

Santa Monica

Thanks. I wondered about SAn MAteo but wonder letter :slight_smile:

I think Streets of India is Encino is good for southern Indian, although it’s probably been > 1 yr since I’ve been.

It’s not west of the 405 or along the 101, but Pho So 1 is pretty close, and it’s really tasty.

If you don’t absolutely need take out, @J_L just wrote about Shin Sushi:
http://foodtalkcentral.com/t/shin-sushi-encino-a-pictorial-essay/7858

Apey Kade is open until 7pm tonight. Good Sri Lankan food.

19662 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356

This spot looks great. Any favorite dishes? Thanks for the rev!

Mizlala! Basically at the 101/405 exchange.

2 Likes

So where did you end up going, @kennymagic ?

1 Like

Thanks for asking, I meant to post a follow up last night but was too wiped from my 1.5 hr drive back! In short things ran late and wanted to just high tail it home for another round of insane summer caprese salad! I’m sure I’ll be back that way again soon and will likely hit Apey or MIzlala. Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Lots of great ideas!

2 Likes

Sunday is a great day to visit Baja Subs in Northridge for some bomb Sri Lankan. I hear they have a buffet now.

Brent’s in Westlake Villiage.

Pretty good Thai food, I am not Thai food expert but some of the dishes I like much better than night+market.
Khaosan Thai Street Food
19801 Ventura Blvd.
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
11a-9p M-Sa, 12p-9p Su

Interesting spot! Of course, with a name like Baja Subs how can you not immediately think Sri Lankan food?

3 Likes

Just be aware that Baja Subs (IIRC) is roughly equidistant to the 101 and the 118, so it’s a decent amount off of your intended route. If you’re willing to go that far north, you could also try Peru’s Taste.

Takatis, Sam Woo

1 Like

Been trying to make it to that Sam Woo for sometime.Roasted fare looks awesome. What are go-tos here?

Oops you’re right.