Can we offer Hungry Onion a chance to join us?

There’s at least one poster who’s duplicating everything. I can see the temptation to do this, but it’s pretty annoying to see the same threads twice.

But there IS that overlap, so what’s the best thing to do? Should we force ourselves to choose one over the other?

No. I have no solution to this problem. But I do think it’s a problem. For me, anyway.

1 Like

And for me… and I don’t think we’re the only ones.

1 Like

Nice to see an old CH friend, linguafood

Right back atcha, wcg. That said, I spend more time on HO than I do here.

I thought HO was only Calornia?

No. And although there has been a pretty clear separation of which cities/regions are on which board, we have some maddening splits like the Bay Area which shows up on both boards (and yet, the South Bay and Peninsula are generally ignored in both :laughing:).

Actually, the New York board is more active here than at HO, to date.

The Los Angeles category here is the only one on either board that really seems to have critical mass. It might have more traffic than all the other categories on both boards put together.

1 Like

I posted some comments about a possible merger on HO:

2 Likes

No, it’s all over the place, so to speak.

And I find FTC to be mostly LA-centered, discussion-wise, which is not the case at HO.

I would prefer to have the two sites merged. May I suggest Hungry Onion Talk Central?

“United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.”
~Patrick Henry

1 Like

I vote for Central Onion. It sounds mysterious.

3 Likes

I can see some of the fucking onion people complaining about the language here , I like the Kevin version . Fuck the merger . Don’t get me wrong I like HO also .

2 Likes

Another option–reflecting current and likely future reality–is to rename this site LA Foodtalk Central and let Hungry Onion aggregate the rest.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m not married to it. Got a better idea?

[quote=“MyAnnoyingOpinions, post:98, topic:365”]
reflecting current and likely future reality–is to rename this site LA Foodtalk Central [/quote]

Currently, I think us LA folks have critical mass due to not just this recent CH redesign and over moderation, but changes that CH made in the last couple of years. Lots of our best community members left. So we are overly enthusiastic to be together again, have those members returning and do our fun free-wheeling posting. It was a pent up demand for us and something most of us really missed.

I’m hoping that other folks find us and that we can build up the other regional/topical discussions boards as well. Personally, I’m making an effort to post/join in more frequently (than I did on CH) to help grow this forum.

1 Like

Almost all of the San Diego community is here as well, so you might as well name it SoCal Foodtalk Central.

What I find most intriguing is the San Francisco split, though. Almost seems personal. LOL

1 Like

imnotafoodie.net

Chowhoundsucks.org

letthemeatcake.tv