Capital Seafood Beverly Hills [Dim Sum]: A Pictorial Essay

Dim sum is indeed 7 days. Non dimsum also available at lunch. They suggested some nondimsum to us when we were there Tuesday afternoon.

1 Like

And I despise white meat chicken. So there.

7 Likes

Sous vide wouldnā€™t hurt either.

3 Likes

No sous vide machine at home. :wink:

Is there a sous vide prep around town that you like?

I donā€™t know of any restaurants that sous vide chicken to be honest but they really should for the breast.

Ebony and ivoryā€¦

1 Like

I highly recommend the Chefsteps Joule. Love mine, and you donā€™t need anything other than a large pot and some foil to cover.

1 Like

The only place Iā€™m aware of that probably sous vide their chicken is Lā€™Assiette. Presuming that if they sous vide their steak, then they sous vide the rest of their proteins. I always get steak, so Iā€™m not entirely sure.
And Iā€™m a fan of the Anova. I have two of them that I often run concurrentlyā€¦one for protein and one for vegetables.

2 Likes

About 3/4 full on a Sunday with the benefit of available street parking on Wilshire (otherwise $2.50 with validation for 2 hours). Service was good and I thought the highpoints of the dim sum tried were the excellent shrimp & chive dumpling and the fried shrimp & taro roll. Low point was the surprisingly bland and one note minced beef ball. Full menu was also available but just had dim sum this go aroundā€“several interesting sounding dishes on the regular menu, though.

IMG_0109

For me, imitation crab is a big No-No! Also, their Beef Meatballs taste like paste and not beef.
IMG_0076

Whereā€™s the beef, or in this case, pork?!

IMG_0094 IMG_0078

3 Likes

https://lafoodiepanda.com/2018/09/23/dim-sum-at-capital-seafood-金都-in-beverly-hills/

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done it sealed with sauces like teriyaki or pesto for weekday lunches. I still find it to be bland, and I donā€™t love the texture, either. Iā€™ll stick with dark meat, thank you very much.

I prefer dark meat too but whatā€™s the temp you used for the chicken breast?

Boy, weā€™ve really gone off topic with some of the discussion hereā€¦

2 Likes

145* for about an hour.

Apologies for contributing to the thread drift. Carry on.

1 Like

Well, at least itā€™s food-related. :wink:

@ipsedixit or @robert can edit and split off the chicken-breast topic to the Home Cooking section.

My pretty little squab that I ate.

) IMG_6909

IMG_6907

Iā€™m so happy to have Capital Seafood here. Iā€™m looking forward to trying the Dungeness crab.

3 Likes

Whether a restaurants sous vide anything is hard for me to gauge, because typically I cannot see whatā€™s going on in the kitchen. However in this yelp photo of Side Chickā€™s open kitchen, an Anova cooker (arrowed) is clearly visible.

And as light and dark chicken meat are best cooked to different temperatures, I would assume more than one sous vide cooker are probably deployed.

1 Like

I believe Crack Shack sous vides their chicken before frying.

Thatā€™s the $24 squab.

1 Like