Centro Bar & Restaurant, Reno

We’ve been meaning to visit Centro for the longest time and finally made it last evening. What a great meal and time we had. This is a young crowd but they were quite kind to us senior citizens :slight_smile: We shared as always and had (copying from the menu)

Duck Confit Lettuce Wrap with spicy peanut sauce • butter lettuce • ponzu fried bean thread

Lamb Steam Bun with pickled veggies • chili glaze

Pumpkin Braised Pork Belly with rosemary • browned butter potato puree • apple beet relish • pumpkin demi

I could have gone right back there today and continued working our way through the menu. Highly recommend.

3 Likes

Looks good! They have some stellar reviews online.

Reno has changed so much it’s hard to believe. In only about five years. All sorts of industry is moving in and NV has gone from 50th to 1st in employment. A chef Mark Estee really started the eat local, farm to table movement here.

Let’s hope it stays that way.

We’ve been talking about doing more discovering the U.S. type trips. Maybe we’ll head your way.

You really should. Here’s just one little article - and not that great.

Reno is only 50 miles from Lake Tahoe which Mark Twain described as “”…at last the Lake burst upon us—a noble sheet of blue water lifted six thousand three hundred feet above the level of the sea, and walled in by a rim of snow-clad mountain peaks that towered aloft full three thousand feet higher still! It was a vast oval, and one would have to use up eighty or a hundred good miles in traveling around it. As it lay there with the shadows of the mountains brilliantly photographed upon its still surface I thought it must surely be the fairest picture the whole earth affords."

1 Like

I should have followed up as we had lunch here recently. Choice of any three items for $15.

“OG” GRILLED CAESAR house-made caesar dressing • marinated • tomatoes • shaved parmesan • crustini

STUFFED PEPPERS italian style venison sausage • tomato • panko • romano

MARINATED SALMON TOSTADA sesame ponzu • wonton • misc. veggies

I told the executive chef that it wasn’t like ‘oh, that was good but this is better.’ Each one was perfectly moan-worthy :slight_smile:

Another super lunch.

From the seasonal menu:

BEET SALAD
MANDARINS, CANDIED FENNEL, GOAT CHEESE, HONEY, ARUGULA

LAMB MEATBALLS
CUMIN & CILANTRO AIOLI, MANCHEGO CHEESE

PORK BELLY
PARSNIP, APPLE, PICKLED MUSTARD SEEDS, PEA SHOOTS

DONUT HOLES
CINNAMON, SUGAR, CHOCOLATE BATTER DIP

Their food always delights. So highly recommend.