Chandavkl discussing dim sum in Los Angeles and San Francisco

A duck breast has 505 calories (Calories in Roasted Duck and Nutrition Facts ), and the leg and thigh have 164 calories (Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com ), though other ranges put the leg/thigh at close to 470, not sure who to believe. Still, a half duck is a solid ~670 calories it looks like, a whole duck would be 1,340; manageable I suppose, but any single dish with that many calories would seem to constitute a decent amount of food. This isn’t including the sauces and pancakes one often gets with Chinese preps of course. I would guess duck with thick peanut sauce and a bunch of pancakes would get you up to to around 1,600 for the whole duck pretty easily since there are 90 calories in a single one of those pancakes ( Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com ).

And then you guys go on for another 7 full dishes!

Whew, wish I could eat like you guys!

I’d rather not say as it was a comped meal.

I never count calories. I maintain my weight by following the Ludwig diet most of the time. A big Chinese meal with a lot of protein and veg is no problem.

so you would really eat half a duck followed by 7 more dishes?

even with “Duck $98, caviar $42, langoustine $38, truffle braised abalone $92” you’re not even close to $250 per person…

He actually just gets the sea cucumber dish and a glass of water. A little over $250 after tax and tip.

1 Like

Not in that order, but, yeah.

Vespertine is $250 before tax and tip isn’t it? So oh can eat a few sea cucumbers and and some langostine or something!

Place needs work… duck served last… 3 out of 5 dishes so so… undercooked pancakes for duck… served on tiny 2’ x 1.5’ bar style high tables. Best to temper your expectations. Won’t be headed back anytime soon.